•  

• Welcome

Click image for larger version

Name:	fiesta-front-small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	151279

Welcome

Wines at home was launched towards the end of 2005 as a place for winemakers old and new to discuss all things wine, I felt that it was important that the site be user friendly, where new winemakers would be encouraged and helped along the path to better wines. The moderating team and I invite new members to feel free to ask questions, never fearing ridicule, we all start somewhere and we all make mistakes. the only silly question...is the one you didn't ask!

ENJOY!

Regards
    Bob Morton (lockwood1956)

• lockwood1956
      lockwood1956 commented
      Editing a comment
      Done!

• ToulouseLePlot
      ToulouseLePlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure what's app, but all these new posting links are broken on tapatalk

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• lockwood1956
      lockwood1956 commented
      Editing a comment
      The article section will show up in "new posts" on the forum but I don't think tapatalk can be used to view the CMS content (articles) on this new version of Vbulletin (will do more research though) so if you are trying to access the original article it wont let you (but as I sated it will show up under "new posts" in the forum area).

regards
      Bob
      Last edited by lockwood1956; 10-08-2013, 02:41 PM.
    Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Getting Bottles Clean
    by Cellar_Rat
    truck wash and a jet bottle washer

and this is the tool you need to get them out of bottle banks (a lightly modified litter grabber)

14-11-2013, 08:23 AM
  • 2013 crop
    by chris_b
    It's been 3 years since I posted here. Much water under the bridge and at one point I thought I might be forced to give up. No grapes in 2011 as July rain made the berries split, and no grapes in 2012 as it was too wet and cold at all the wrong times. 2013 started a month late but we caught up a good part of that with the hot summer down here in Southampton. Flowering happened in ideal conditions - dry, warm and a bit of a breeze to spread the pollen about. Thinking the season would be short I was...
    03-10-2013, 02:41 PM
  • Variable capapcity tanks
    by Cellar_Rat
    Whats that then..

These are straight walled tanks, with open tops. The lid floats on the surface of the wine and has what is best described as a bicycle inner tube around the outside which is inflated by a pump to form a seal.

Options
    I own and use a couple of stainless variable capacity tanks (VCT). Until recently these were the only option in the UK.
    However last week a very nice man at www.fruitpresses.co.uk kindly sent me the 300L PLASTIC tank. ...
    31-08-2013, 09:32 AM
  • Frequently asked questions about frozen grapes
    by Cellar_Rat
    Here is my attempt at answering any questions you may have about your frozen grapes.
    If you think of a question I have not answered you are probably not alone - please email me .

How many bottles does it make? I thought I would start with the tough one first :-) We sell frozen grapes as ingredients, not as a kit. Different people make different wine from different grapes in different ways using different methods. All of which will affect the final volume. There ar...
    16-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  • Winemaking with Elderberries (Sambucus Nigra)
    by lockwood1956
    This book is no longer in Print, it is a fantastic resource, so I thought it would be useful to reproduce sections of it here (as time permits...it's a long process for a slow typer! ) over 13000 words so far phew!

I will also covert it to a down-loadable file once it is completed So that it will be out in the public domain...it's just too valuable a resource to lose forever.

hope you find this useful....please let me have your feedback

Winemaking...
    10-08-2013, 02:08 PM
  • Making Wine from Kits
    by lockwood1956
    Fantastic tutorial by Pat cuthbert
    moderator winepress.us
    member of winesathome.co.uk and all round good guy
    reproduced here with his kind permission

I KNOW you will find this useful

Hi all;

I started a couple of kits. I have some pics for you showing the steps so far and will show the rest as they occur.

First is checking my equipment. A lot of empty carboys as you can see.

Be...
    10-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Working...
X