No announcement yet.

Blogs

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Blogs

You can now create your own blogs!

This will enable you to share your thoughts and ramblings with the rest of us!

Please bear in mind the same rules apply in the blog section as do elsewhere on the Forum re swearing etc.

ENJOY!

regards
    Bob
      Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Getting Bottles Clean
      by Cellar_Rat
      truck wash and a jet bottle washer

and this is the tool you need to get them out of bottle banks (a lightly modified litter grabber)

14-11-2013, 08:23 AM
    • 2013 crop
      by chris_b
      It's been 3 years since I posted here. Much water under the bridge and at one point I thought I might be forced to give up. No grapes in 2011 as July rain made the berries split, and no grapes in 2012 as it was too wet and cold at all the wrong times. 2013 started a month late but we caught up a good part of that with the hot summer down here in Southampton. Flowering happened in ideal conditions - dry, warm and a bit of a breeze to spread the pollen about. Thinking the season would be short I was...
      03-10-2013, 02:41 PM
    • Variable capapcity tanks
      by Cellar_Rat
      Whats that then..

These are straight walled tanks, with open tops. The lid floats on the surface of the wine and has what is best described as a bicycle inner tube around the outside which is inflated by a pump to form a seal.

Options
      I own and use a couple of stainless variable capacity tanks (VCT). Until recently these were the only option in the UK.
      However last week a very nice man at www.fruitpresses.co.uk kindly sent me the 300L PLASTIC tank. ...
      31-08-2013, 09:32 AM
    • Frequently asked questions about frozen grapes
      by Cellar_Rat
      Here is my attempt at answering any questions you may have about your frozen grapes.
      If you think of a question I have not answered you are probably not alone - please email me .

How many bottles does it make? I thought I would start with the tough one first :-) We sell frozen grapes as ingredients, not as a kit. Different people make different wine from different grapes in different ways using different methods. All of which will affect the final volume. There ar...
      16-08-2013, 09:20 AM
    • Winemaking with Elderberries (Sambucus Nigra)
      by lockwood1956
      This book is no longer in Print, it is a fantastic resource, so I thought it would be useful to reproduce sections of it here (as time permits...it's a long process for a slow typer! ) over 13000 words so far phew!

I will also covert it to a down-loadable file once it is completed So that it will be out in the public domain...it's just too valuable a resource to lose forever.

hope you find this useful....please let me have your feedback

Winemaking...
      10-08-2013, 02:08 PM
    • Making Wine from Kits
      by lockwood1956
      Fantastic tutorial by Pat cuthbert
      moderator winepress.us
      member of winesathome.co.uk and all round good guy
      reproduced here with his kind permission

I KNOW you will find this useful

Hi all;

I started a couple of kits. I have some pics for you showing the steps so far and will show the rest as they occur.

First is checking my equipment. A lot of empty carboys as you can see.

Be...
      10-08-2013, 01:55 PM
    Working...
    X