White Grape Juice Substitute for Pudding Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Grape Juice Substitute for Pudding Wine

Hey all, its that time of year when supermarkets are beginning to stock christmas puddings so time to make another batch. Problem is it appears to be a shortage of white grape juice (at least here in NI). Was wondering what would be the best substitute? Would red grape juice do? White grape concentrate from a homebrew store? Or some apple juice maybe?

cheers

Meh, what is "watered down grape concentrate" but reconstituted grape juice ? Ergo, I don't see why that wouldn't work - just get mix it to the level where it measures to about a normal sort of level.

Apple juice ? Don't see why that wouldn't work either.......

The "crimbo pud mead" (the wine recipe but with honey instead of sugar) is still waiting to be finished off........

Either way, I suspect that one of the more knowledgable members (in respect of wines) will chime in to suggest the best of the two for a substitute.......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by lari View Post
      Hey all, its that time of year when supermarkets are beginning to stock christmas puddings so time to make another batch.
      Or wait till January, like I do, when they're selling them off cheap! Then the wine is just ready for next Xmas.
      Cheers,
      Dave.
      If I won the lottery I'd spend half the money on wine, women and song.
      But I'd probably just waste the rest of it!

Comment

Good man
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
        X