No announcement yet.

Something gone wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the problem is with the sugar.

It will not filter.

I would be tempted to freeze it. Loosen lids etc so it doesn't explode etc etc. After a week thaw and see if it is still the same viscosity - freezing will break pectic thickeners, so this may cure it and also tell us what is going on.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Hi Cellar Rat

I cannot get it in my freezer it is always full, But some years ago went we had 2 freezers upright in the garage I did freeze some pear wine that would not clear, but that was just cloudy not like this.

I will have to see if I can find a friend with a little freezer space, unless we can come up with any other idea, I think we have just about come to a full stop

Thanks Cellar Rat
      Old-un

Comment

You could try the Jack Keller method then 'cos I get the feeling we might be in "the last chance saloon"

Sorry!
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

What is the try the Jack Keller method

Old-un

Comment

I think you may have tried this already - it was in the links I posted earlier in the thread.

See here again http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/problems.asp
            Simon
            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

I will have to see if I can freeze it or pour it down the sink

Thanks

Comment

I am sure it is recoverable - pouring it down the sink should be unnecessary.

Comment

I have put some wine clearing in and have about an inch of rubbish at the bottom, so T thought I would try a coffee filter it when through but it did not seem to dirty the Coffee Filter.
                  I still think it is too thick for a wine filter, think I might try some more wine clearing

Comment

Cellar Rat said “I would be tempted to freeze it.” I did just that, in the freezer for a week in a plastic bottle. Turn it upside down over DJ and when I had ½ inch in the DJ I checked it was still the same

Any more ideas?
                    Last edited by Old-un; 24-03-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

what does it tase of ?

Comment

I did not taste it ?

Comment

I think the only answer is down the drain

Comment

Bottle it! Give it to people who ask about your wine! I made the mistake of giving my best stuff to people who asked. THEY KEEP COMING BACK!!!!
                            Cheers,
                            Dave.
                            If I won the lottery I'd spend half the money on wine, women and song.
                            But I'd probably just waste the rest of it!

Comment

LOL

I have to say I am struggling. I would love to see it. How much is there ?

Comment

There was a gallon note was, its down the drain now

Out of the freezer I tipped it up over a DJ with a funnel in it and let it melt, about an inch in the DJ and I tasted it, the tasted was about right, but the texture was like thick cough mixture.

I poured it back into the bottle and left it to melt, I looked at it a couple of days later and the top third was clear water and the bottom part was even thicker, I did taste the top and it was just water.

Thanks a lot to all who came back to me Old-un

Comment

Working...
                                X