Wine number 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine number 1

Hi, ive just joined the forum and find it really interesting. Ive been doing kit wines for a number of years but decided to give wine number 1 a try. Followed the instructions to the letter and the wine turned out really well for my first try. My fiancee liked the wine but said she would like it a little sweeter, is there a way to adjust the sweetness on wine number one? Had a look round the forum but cant seem to find what im looking for, thanks.

By far the easiest way is to sweeten wine, is once it is finished with an artifical sweetner - Sainsbury does a sucralose one which is ideal.

Artificial sweetners are best because they will not accidentally restart any leftover yeast.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      By far the easiest way is to sweeten wine, is once it is finished with an artifical sweetner - Sainsbury does a sucralose one which is ideal.

Artificial sweetners are best because they will not accidentally restart any leftover yeast.
      As per what Brian said above i.e. sucralose is a good one. Also, you may find Xylitol in some of the health food shops. Those are the two that sweeten but by all accounts have no "off flavours" (think saccharin, it sweetened but had that god awful "artificial" type taste too - sucralose and xylitol don't).....
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
      X