Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry wine

Hi all
    At Xmas this year my wife and I were given a bottle of raspberry wine, not home made but from a Perthshire co Cairn o mor. I don't know if it available in The rest of the country. We both really enjoyed it, it was dry, had a good abv, 13% and had a strong raspberry flavour to it.
    I told my wife I would try to make something similar.
    I have tried to make wine in the past using raspberry along with grape and apple, but I had problems with sediment from the rasperrys, and the final product, although decent enough, didn't really taste of rasperry.
    So my question is, can I make a dry rose and add rasperry later on to retain the flavour, and if so, how and when would I do that

Regards
    Daview

One of the tricks with fruit based country wines is to get both some of the original fruit taste as well as the aromatics.

Rasps can be a bit of a bugger, because you often get good aromatics but you can get quite a harsh acidity with it once the sugars have fermented out.

Normally, you'd make a batch as per recipe, then once complete it will need stabilising (sulphite and sorbate), then you can add some fresh fruit. You may find it still needs a little back sweetening.
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
    X