All Blog Entries

1. Interim update...

Well, the cherry thing i reported on last time was a sour faced disaster!

Not done the oak thing yet but have since placed into fermenter a little concoction which includes this...

http://www.agafoodhall.com/belvoir-m...FWTHtAodr0cAjg

1 bottle belvoir punch
    2l apple juice
    Sugar to 1.080
    Patience...

I will post how it turns out...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. batch 3 (gervin red) etc...

Well, it's been a while. I have mostly been making/ drinking the still cider recipe that I did as batch one because I am finding it to be a refreshing low alcohol wine alternative. So not a lot to report...

I have been doing some acid testing of shop bought apple juice which all suggests that for making wine solely out of carton apple juice the 3.8l of juice in a 4.5l batch gives the optimum level of acidity for a dry white apple table wine. More juice allows for more backsweetening ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sloe Wine.

During the miner's strike of 84/85 a lad whom I went picketing with gave me some Sloe berries. I made some wine from them. To cut a long story short, I've still got a bottle of that brew I made all those years ago. The bottle has been on it's side, every so often I do turn the bottle, when I remember that is. The label has nearly gone with the turning of the bottle. Thought about opening the bottle to see if it is drinkable, but never got around to it. The last time I picked it up to look at the ...

Updated 20-04-2014 at 06:12 AM by ITSAGGGGHOST (To put more information.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rhubarb Wine Recipe

Can someone help me please.
    I need a recipe for the above
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Batch 2 update

Batch 2 was a complete success! I drunk it dry and chilled. It was appley, fruity and curiously had some honey type thing going on in the background which I was pleasantly surprised at. Certainly not one dimensional as I thought it could be.

In fact, I enjoyed it so much I forgot to think much about how I could change it next time round. I suppose I'll have to have another bottle then!

I will update when I decide on batch 4, which might involve a big jar of cherries ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast