Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequently asked questions about frozen grapes

Frequently asked questions about frozen grapes

Here is my attempt at answering any questions you may have about your frozen grapes.
    If you think of a question I have not answered you are probably not alone - please email me .

How many bottles does it make? I thought I would start with the tough one first :-) We sell frozen grapes as ingredients, not as a kit. Different people make different wine from different grapes in different ways using different methods. All of which will affect the final volume. There ar...
    Go to post

• Winemaking with Elderberries (Sambucus Nigra)

Winemaking with Elderberries (Sambucus Nigra)

This book is no longer in Print, it is a fantastic resource, so I thought it would be useful to reproduce sections of it here (as time permits...it's a long process for a slow typer! ) over 13000 words so far phew!

I will also covert it to a down-loadable file once it is completed So that it will be out in the public domain...it's just too valuable a resource to lose forever.

hope you find this useful....please let me have your feedback

Winemaking...
    Go to post

• Making Wine from Kits

Making Wine from Kits

Fantastic tutorial by Pat cuthbert
    moderator winepress.us
    member of winesathome.co.uk and all round good guy
    reproduced here with his kind permission

I KNOW you will find this useful

Hi all;

I started a couple of kits. I have some pics for you showing the steps so far and will show the rest as they occur.

First is checking my equipment. A lot of empty carboys as you can see.

Be...
    Go to post

• Yeast for Newbies

Yeast for Newbies

YEAST FOR NEWBIES Yeast is important. If yeast only converted sugar to alcohol, you'd end up with something which tastes like alcoholic grape juice. The processes which take place are complex, and different yeast strains behave in different ways. We try to choose the strain which will affect our wine in a positive manner. There is a heck of a lot of information on this site (and others) about yeast, and for someone new to winemaking it can be difficult to extract meaningful advice from it all. P...
    Go to post

• Choosing the right yeast

Choosing the right yeast

New to winemaking? Want simple, basic advice on which yeast strains to select? Look at this tutorial first.

For more comprehensive information, read on ...

from Jack Kellers fantastic website

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net

Red Star Active Dry Yeasts

Assmannshausen : Assmannshausen is a German yeast strain. Germany leads the world in yeast isolation and production. Assmannshausen is best suited for red wines. It...
    Go to post

• Yeast Starters..... all you ever wanted to know

Yeast Starters..... all you ever wanted to know

All you ever needed to know about yeast starters Extract from Progressive Winemaking Peter Duncan and Bryan Acton Yeast starters are very easy to prepare and no difficulties should be encountered if the following directions are observed. A wine bottle is first sterilised with the stock (10%) sulphite solution mentioned in an earlier chapter and then thoroughly rinsed out with boiled water (cooled) to remove any residual sulphite. About a half a pint of must or an alternative basic starter med...
    Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Frequently asked questions about frozen grapes
    by Cellar_Rat
    Here is my attempt at answering any questions you may have about your frozen grapes.
    If you think of a question I have not answered you are probably not alone - please email me .

How many bottles does it make? I thought I would start with the tough one first :-) We sell frozen grapes as ingredients, not as a kit. Different people make different wine from different grapes in different ways using different methods. All of which will affect the final volume. There ar...
    16-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  • Winemaking with Elderberries (Sambucus Nigra)
    by lockwood1956
    This book is no longer in Print, it is a fantastic resource, so I thought it would be useful to reproduce sections of it here (as time permits...it's a long process for a slow typer! ) over 13000 words so far phew!

I will also covert it to a down-loadable file once it is completed So that it will be out in the public domain...it's just too valuable a resource to lose forever.

hope you find this useful....please let me have your feedback

Winemaking...
    10-08-2013, 02:08 PM
  • Making Wine from Kits
    by lockwood1956
    Fantastic tutorial by Pat cuthbert
    moderator winepress.us
    member of winesathome.co.uk and all round good guy
    reproduced here with his kind permission

I KNOW you will find this useful

Hi all;

I started a couple of kits. I have some pics for you showing the steps so far and will show the rest as they occur.

First is checking my equipment. A lot of empty carboys as you can see.

Be...
    10-08-2013, 01:55 PM
  • Yeast for Newbies
    by goldseal
    YEAST FOR NEWBIES Yeast is important. If yeast only converted sugar to alcohol, you'd end up with something which tastes like alcoholic grape juice. The processes which take place are complex, and different yeast strains behave in different ways. We try to choose the strain which will affect our wine in a positive manner. There is a heck of a lot of information on this site (and others) about yeast, and for someone new to winemaking it can be difficult to extract meaningful advice from it all. P...
    10-08-2013, 01:20 PM
  • Choosing the right yeast
    by lockwood1956
    New to winemaking? Want simple, basic advice on which yeast strains to select? Look at this tutorial first.

For more comprehensive information, read on ...

from Jack Kellers fantastic website

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net

Red Star Active Dry Yeasts

Assmannshausen : Assmannshausen is a German yeast strain. Germany leads the world in yeast isolation and production. Assmannshausen is best suited for red wines. It...
    10-08-2013, 01:19 PM
  • Yeast Starters..... all you ever wanted to know
    by lockwood1956
    All you ever needed to know about yeast starters Extract from Progressive Winemaking Peter Duncan and Bryan Acton Yeast starters are very easy to prepare and no difficulties should be encountered if the following directions are observed. A wine bottle is first sterilised with the stock (10%) sulphite solution mentioned in an earlier chapter and then thoroughly rinsed out with boiled water (cooled) to remove any residual sulphite. About a half a pint of must or an alternative basic starter med...
    10-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Working...
X