Cinnamon Cyser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinnamon Cyser

I put together this recipe over the weekend.I approach winemaking the same as I do cooking-I use basic recipes and then throw in my own variations. Here's one to try:

Cinnamon Cyser
    2 1/2 lbs honey
    64 oz. apple juice
    water, divided, to equal one gallon
    1/2 tsp. yeast nutrient
    1 tsp. bread yeast(make a starter: 1/2 cup lukewarm water, 1 tsp. honey 1 tsp. bread yeast-let stand at least 15 minutes)
    1 cinnamon stick

Make the yeast starter. Meanwhile,In a one gallon pitcher or a 1 gallon primary fermenter, combine honey and 1 quart of hot water, stirring until dissolved.Add apple juice, and yeast nutrient. Pour into a one gallon glass jug.Add water to bring liquid up to the shoulders of the jug. Place cap on jug.Shake vigorously. Remove cap and add yeast starter and cinnamon stick.fit airlock and allow to ferment 2 weeks. Cold stabilize(stick in the fridge 2-3 days) and then rack onto 1 campden tablet and 1 1/2 tsp. sorbate.(Be sure to add back the cinnamon stick after racking) Allow to clear, as usual, then bottle.
    So far, it smells GREAT!!! Bubbling away nicely.Will TRY to post a pic when ready to bottle, or clear.
    Bentonite may be added to speed the clarification process, or allow to clear naturally.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by ms.spain; 27-11-2005, 03:51 AM.
    ms.spain
    lovin' this hobby!
Working...
X