Stuck/Sluggish ferment query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck/Sluggish ferment query

So, my 2 X 1 gallon batches (wyeast liquid mead yeasts test) had both stuck (1 at about 1025 and 1 at 1035).

I started the "restart" process using EC-1118 and all was going well.

I increased the must/water mix as per the tutorial/guidance etc, except when I got to the add it all together bit, it seems to have gone sluggish/stuck again.

I've checked the gravity, it's currently sitting at about 1032, the temperature is fine, it's got a brew belt around the fermenter, I even looked at the pH which is 3.45.

This morning, after doing the checks the only thing I can think of is nutrients.

So I've dug out a box of Gervin Minavit - the suggested dosage is 1 to 2 grammes per litre or 6 grammes per litre for high sugar brews - the box had about 30 grammes left in it/enough for 5 litres.

I've got about 9 to 10 litres of the brew mixed together now - so I added the lot, which would be about half the recommended dosage.

I've also given the fermenter a gentle swirl to see if it all needs a little aeration.

If it doesn't get going, what else can I try ?

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings
Working...
X