Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Programme of interest - time sensitive.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programme of interest - time sensitive.....

I like to think that I know a bit about food - not in the way of some "super gastronome" or gourmet type, but more than the average person....

I'm also quite critical of some of the ingredients, sometimes from knowledge about "it", other times just cynical suspicion, knowing where some stuff comes from.

So, and this is more for those of us in the UK, I urge you to make use of the BBC iPlayer.

This week, is the last of a "3 parter" by Stefan Gates called "E Numbers: an edible adventure".

I caught the second one during the week, but I've just had to get the first one on the iPlayer (which as it's a BBC thing might be difficult for those of us not in the UK to look at unless you can set your system up to view via a proxy server).

The first 2 parts have been mega interesting. The first one was mainly to do with colour, but also had a large part about flavour. The second part is about preservatives.......

I now find myself very impatient to look at the 3rd part as well.

Both the first and second parts of the series have got bits about wine, as both colour/flavour and preservatives are relevant.

The first programme has a brilliant bit about wine and wine tasting - to my way of thinking, you really should make the effort to watch it (especially the bit about wine/wine tasting - it's worth the effort/time).

The second programme also has some info about wine as we all know, that we use sulphites/sulphur for preserving etc so IMO it's also worth the watch.

I'm a bit biased as I've watched other programmes that Stefan Gates has had input in and/or presented, I find him a very entertaining presenter/journo'

I've said that this is time sensitive because the last part of the series is due to be aired this week and that it's all probably gonna be available for a further week to view so if it's your sort of thing then give it a go.

Oh and about half of the stuff he mentioned/spoke about etc, I already knew or was aware of, but some of it was a total eye opener......

regards

jtfb

p.s. and yes, if I had some way or recording it so it could be edited for you to see the parts specifically about wine I'd post them.......
    Last edited by fatbloke; 05-09-2010, 05:16 PM.
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings
Working...
X