Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Works
    replied
    Congrats to the people involved! Down with the French! (wine-wise :P)
    Last edited by Duffbeer; 06-06-2014, 11:52 AM. Reason: Removed link

Leave a comment:

• RTPFUN
    replied
    OOH!I bet that will be nice. That's a little more mature than the Vintage Reserve that we usualy have but very hard to come by unless you order a case direct from Chapel Down.
    happy New year!

Leave a comment:

• NorthernWiner
    replied
    Originally posted by RTPFUN View Post
    Yes same in our house we’ve been drinking Chapel Down from Majestic Wine and the best thing is it’s only £16 and beats the French champagnes at twice the price. Still partial to a little Veuve Clicquot but after a meal you'd not tell them apart.
    My wife, who is in London on business for the next couple weeks, bought a couple of bottles of Chapel Down's Three Graces to bring home with her. Looking forward to opening one on New Year's.

Leave a comment:

• RTPFUN
    replied
    Yes same in our house we’ve been drinking Chapel Down from Majestic Wine and the best thing is it’s only £16 and beats the French champagnes at twice the price. Still partial to a little Veuve Clicquot but after a meal you'd not tell them apart.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Works
    replied
    I just placed an order as my son's birthday (he'll be turning 21) is coming up. Hopefully it will be a success.
    Last edited by NorthernWiner; 21-11-2012, 04:34 PM. Reason: Removed links in signature

Leave a comment:

• fatbloke
    replied
    Actually, from memory, Bolney is just the latest of the wineries/vineyards local to me that have done very well against the French equivalents. I understand that both Ridgeview and Nyetimber have done well too, in recent years......

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy_T
    replied
    excusez-moi.... ha ha thats fantastic

Leave a comment:

• mcblades
    replied
    I ordered a case of this on the strength of the naked wines tasting.

Not a fan of Moet so it shouldn't be hard to beat.

Leave a comment:

• fatbloke
    replied
    Ha ha! That's where my free empty wine bottles came from..... they're a nice bunch up at Bolney.

Leave a comment:

• English sparkling wine bests French Champagne in blind tasting

English wine beats famous Moët & Chandon Champagne in blind tasting...
Working...
X