Arbor Crest Winery - Spokane, WA USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbor Crest Winery - Spokane, WA USA

I've probably done this before as every year my oldest daughter - a special ed teacher, and I visit the winery on spring break. Actually - I grew up in the valley below and all my young life this large house was in view. This was originally Riblets Mansion of the fame - ski/Mt trams world wide, or actually the brother - probably a relative of mine who separated from that rich venture and left his brother holding the bag of money, to wala - invent the square wheeled tractor, really. Anyway fast forward - Arbor Crest, originally fruit farmers in the valley below started a winery, the vineyard along the river of course failed the 1st winter - I believe in the 80's and as usual, I believe someone, children in the family, took it over and then bought this hill top house. Oh yes, the grape vines are just props, they do make some bubbly, but all grapes come out of the track from Walla Walla to Yakima.

Great wines, love their blends, but we had a 2003 Syrah, about $20+ dollars and well worth it until a black fly brought on by the sunshine flew into my daughters wine glass. I'm sure you can Google Arbor Crest if you want more info of our near arrest, as Tuesday we went up with my other daughter, husband and Ava Rose the beautiful grand-daughter who looks like me, but strange they don’t want children or even 2 year olds wondering around the place. Damn unsociable.

Now comes the hard part trying to show a few pixs and Bob still not answering my post about adding Rhubarb leaves into wine, ha ha can you imagine, in a fresh salid?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 30-03-2007, 12:29 AM.

Here is a little information on the leaves of rhubarb. That is a not good idea for tea----I AM SURE YOU know an were just jokeing. nice Photos. DAW

Comment

I like the Gazebo. Looks very relaxing...? DAW

Comment

A few black flies will not hurt you just a dam nuscience along with the wasps..

Comment

Black fly in her chardonnay?

Check the recipe form about the rhubarb leaves. What was that song with a black fly in my chardonnay? Sherrel Crow or is that an old blurp. Not even good poetry or sense. Anyway, DAW these dang spring flies are as large as some hummingbirds, and kind of unnerved my daughter swimming and fluttering around, black bug on red striking sunlight.

Well one bottle between two people was plenty anyway and we tossed that and split my remaining glass. Yes if it was me I'd have just for spite swollowed the black fly, with a burp.

Comment

I am sure the fly didn't take much!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

And if it did it would have died happy, anyway
              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
              X