No announcement yet.

Filtering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini jet for me too - would be lost without it.
    Geordie : refers to a person originating from Tyneside and the former coal mining areas of northern County Durham or the dialect spoken by such people. There are a number of rival theories to explain how the term came about, though all accept that it derives from a familiar diminutive form of the name "George".

Comment

Yup straining will remove sediment, and of course (provided there are no starch or protein hazes) the wine will fall clear on it's own, but filtering is something completely different......it actually "polishes" the wine...you wouldn't believe the difference before and after.
      cheers
      bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Harris mk3 for me, the results are outstanding, like a finely polished Rolls Royce, lol.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Filter Wine

My daughter gave me a mini jet filter system minus the hose attachments. I have never use it. I fine all my wines and bulk age for a minimum of three months and usually 4 months to one year. The whites are always clear; the reds are always crystal clear but have a tendency to throw sediment art er back sweetening, sulfiting before bottling and sorbateing. If I have a settlement problem I set the bottles a day or two up to let the sediment flow to the bottom and then decanter - this works well for me - but one day I will have to try that mini jet. DAW

Comment

I use the mini-jet on most whites, and on some reds. I think it gives a nice polish to the whites. A filter set goes for about $4.00 US.

Like Hippie, I sometimes wonder why i bother. Super-kleer works just as well, for the most part but some folks think it is a drastic measure.

RJS includes Super-kleer in their kits nowadays, I think.

Comment

I hardly ever need to, I got a old southern vinyards (now Harris) filter with a load of wine stuff from my local freecycle, but I rarely use it.

Comment

Working...
              X