2007 Vintage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Vintage

Time to start thinking about the 2007 grape imports, not 100% sure what varieties will be availablem, but I am assuming that similar to the last two years will be out there.

Sangiovese (Italian)
    White Trebbiano (Italian)
    Merlot (Italian)
    Cabernet Sauvignon (Italian)
    Grenache (Spanish)
    Unidentified high sugar grape (Sicilian)

so last year they ranged from £5.50 to £7.50 a box (a box is either 8 or 9 kilos) and 1 box is enough for just over one gallon.

Who wants in?

Crush-destem at lockwood towers and take away a bucket of juice/skins may be happy to meet (at locations on the A1....no diversions....not enough time, and will have been driving all day) on the way back up, or happy for you to camp overnight with us up here.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Originally posted by DAVID
    If the orders come rushing in (lol) Will have a word with the Transport depot regarding a 7.5 t refrigerated lorry
    whoo hoo!
    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

count me in too, 10 gall I think
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

ooooooooooooo got the PC fixed I see
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVID
          Enough for 10 gallon, signed, sealed n delivered
          Had a sneak taste of the Merlot undergoing MLF the other day......very very very nice, cant wait for MLF to finish...I will be making 10 gal of this too (maybe a tad more)
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Please can we try some - compare it with the locally grown we usually use.
            Tony wants a gallons worth each of sangio and White trebbi, I'll have similar of the Merlot and Grenache. And if you can drop them off at the Newark shop that would be great.
            Last edited by suefreck; 17-04-2007, 09:48 PM.
            http://www.lombardwines.co.uk

Comment

No problem at all picking them up for you, but you will need to come to the A1 to meet me, as there may be more drop offs on the way up north,(again by meeting on the A1) it will have been a very long day up to that point and I will need to crush-destem and get fermenting when I get home, so there won't be much time to spare.

the grapes are of the very highest quality (took two seconds at the national at less than a year old) around 24 brix and acid at 7g/l (measured as tartaric acid)
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

We'll sort it out nearer the time - it will depend what day it is for a start.
                http://www.lombardwines.co.uk

Comment

Well I was thinking of not getting any Sangiovese this year, but seeing as it took best wine in show at Lincoln, I think I just might get some after all.
                  It does take two years to become good, wonder how it will taste in another year or two....
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Hi,

If this demand goes on at this rate non will arrive in Malta.

Comment

IU think it goes to you before here Joe, so just make sure you leave some for us!

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                      X