• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavender Wine

Extracts from the the Winepress.us recipe book

Lavender Wine
    courtesy of CMoore
    1 gallon
    3 cups lavender buds (provided by Steve) boiled in 1qt of water 2lbs sugar (SG 1.09) 1 can frozen white Welches ½ tsp acid blend 1/8 tsp tannin 1 tsp Yeast Nutrient Juice from 1 lemon Enough additional water to make 1 gallon I had just racked my Pineapple into secondary so I used the left over active yeast from it the ferment took off like a rocket! (Lalvin 1118 Champagne) 1 Campden tablet was added when I racked into secondary

Lavender Wine
    courtesy of SteveC

3gallons
    9.5 cups French lavender buds 6 lbs. sugar 3 cans frozen white grape concentrate 1.5 tsp plus 40 grams citric acid .5 tsp tannin 1 tsp Fermax nutrient 3 gallons spring water Add all ingredients except for water, concentrate and yeast to fermentor. Boil 1 gallon of the water and add to fermentor, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add remaining water and cans of concentrate. Stir, stir and stir some more. Test for OG and TA. My OG was 1.085 and TA was .6. Add yeast (I used EC-1118). Rack wine off of buds after 7 days. Rack again after 60 days and stabilize. I'll finish the post in March when I get to this point!

Lavender Wine
    courtesy of MedPretzel

1 gallon
    Ingredients: ½ cup dried lavender flowers (oldtimeherbs.com, 0.5oz) ½ tsp acid blend 1 lbs light brown sugar 4 cups white granulated sugar 1/4 tsp tannin ½ tsp pectic enzyme ½ tsp yeast energizer 1 tsp yeast nutrient 1 Campden tablet water - to 1 gallon

Method: Dissolve 1 lb of light brown sugar in 1 gallon of water. Pour 1 gallon boiling water onto the dried flowers. Allow to sit, covered. Let cool. Add the rest of the ingredients when cool. Stir. The SG is a little high at 1.110 This could be tweaked in further recipes. Transfer to secondary when SG hits 1.040. Fit fermenting lock and ferment until finished and clear topping up with water when initial phase has calmed down. Note - this made a very unusual tasting wine that finished at (estimated, calculated) 18%. The Lavender taste came out more and more over time and became a zesty fresh flavor.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Thank you
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
    X