06 Merlot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Merlot

Just racked the merlot this evening, it's been sat on Minnesota oak cubes (thanks Curt) since November. Racked and added Sulphite to 50 ppm

there was a little left over so am tasting it

yum scrum

some prizes with this next year I hope
    Attached Files
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Wow! Bob that looks like a great well bodied Merlot. Sure would like to have a taste of that one. Hope you do well with it in a competition next year. Do you plan to blend some with another red? Cheers DAW

Comment

Very rich color! Looks great!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
          Do you plan to blend some with another red? Cheers DAW
          Yes I have some cabernet that I will blend with it to produce a Bordeaux style red i think

regards
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

quick question, is this from fruit?
            do they allow kits in competitons? i wouldn't think they would because its more challenging and rewarding making wine from complete scratch
            Winer Swapper Extraordinaire
            Wanna swap your wine for something exciting? follow the link:

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=2568

Comment

It's Merlot Grapes.... Imported from Italy

so it is indeed made from scratch.....

but they do allow wines made from kits in competitions

welcome aboard

regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

We have chatted on home winemaking forums before i believe but cheers.

They allow kits in competitions? isn't it a bit of a cop out?

also saw your imported grapes and pics on wine press us forums very impressive mate
                Winer Swapper Extraordinaire
                Wanna swap your wine for something exciting? follow the link:

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=2568

Comment

In the bigger comps, kits have their own classes. A good, well made wine from a kit is good enough to beat a mediocre wine made from grape.
                  National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                    In the bigger comps, kits have their own classes. A good, well made wine from a kit is good enough to beat a mediocre wine made from grape.
                    I really agree especially the grape pack kits - they are outstanding - much better that many of the wines that are being sold for retail unless you get up into the 60-100$ range. There are also so of the blended medium priced kits that are also great and better than the less expensive ones being sold for retail. Cheers DAW

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoy View Post
                      We have chatted on home winemaking forums before i believe but cheers.

They allow kits in competitions? isn't it a bit of a cop out?

also saw your imported grapes and pics on wine press us forums very impressive mate
                      You'll find it's as easy to mess up a kit as it is any wine, remember kits are only a bag of concentrate with a measured amount of additives, someone still has to make it, and trust me there's a 101 things that can go wrong during the process if you don't know what your doing. So are kit's a cop out ? No.
                      They are however more fail safe than fresh grape or country wines.
                      Most competition rules will state with certain classes 'no kit's or concentrate'.
                      Personally I love some of the kit's now available and they get better all the time.
                      Discount Home Brew Supplies
                      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                      X