No announcement yet.

2007 Vintage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be up for some Bob if you're going.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I will find out tonight from the supplier exactly what grapes are available tomorrow and make the decision based on brix levels and his opinion the condition ofthe grapes and whether its worth the seven hour round trip (I trust him)

cheers me dears
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

The Ciliegilio is in.....

David H (supplier) says that they are 1st class grapes, so I'm off to London in the morning to pick some up...

12 boxes for me
        4 for Karl

anyone else?

(I will be going back when the Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache arrive)
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Woohoo, I'll put me crushing cap on, is that like a swimming cap?
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Any idea when the Merlot might be in Bob? Quite tempted by this... I've read up and they sound nice grapes.. 5 gallon of each could be good, or at least not so much the same!

Rich

Comment

Merlot in around 10 to 20 days
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

grape wine making manual
                home brew, home brewing, beer ingredients, homebrew, beer kits, beer equipment,brewing equipment
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Well looks like we are limited with choices

It would appear our choices are limited to the following.......

REDS

Sangiovese
                  Montepulciano
                  Unidentified Sicilian variety (I think they may be Primitivo)

WHITES
                  Trebbiano
                  unidentified Sicilian variety (no idea what)

there is no spanish Grenache as yet this year, but they may appear later.
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

All change on the grape front, it would appear that my supplier has fallen out with the producer over pricing of the cabernet and the merlot, so they are not available! The Spanish Grenache is not available due to catastrophic crop failure, so not as much choice this year.

I am travelling to London to pick the grapes up on Friday, and I am able to choose from the following.

Pricing this year is + £1 per box to cover petrol/diesell and van hire costs, sorry but its getting expensive to hire vans etc. and I think £1 for collection from London is fair.

Unidentified Sicilian grapes red. I had them last year, very high Brix (28), and earthy flavours, fermented to dry at 17.5%..not sure if I’m having any this year.. £6.80 per box (+£1 = £7.80per box)
                    Montepulciano (supplier says supreme quality) £5.80 per box (+£1 = £6.80per box)

White Trebbiano high acid (11 TA) & low Brix(17) last year, but made a crisp wine, don’t know what brix levels are this year yet £5.80 per box (+£1 = £6.80per box)
                    White Sicilian (unidentified variety) £6.80 per box (+£1 = £7.80per box)

Sangiovese (red) no price yet but probably £7.80 range supplier says they are premium quality.

If its any help to you all……

I’m going for the Montepulciano and will wait to see what quality the Sicilian are (Brix levels and general quality ) etc before I decide on a white variety

If you want grapes then you need to let me know for certain by phone or PM or email before I go, remember I'm doing you the favour here, so you need to chase me

My contact details
                    Mobile 07960 333860

regards
                    Bob
                    Last edited by lockwood1956; 17-09-2007, 01:41 PM.
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Info on montepulciano grapes

Alle informatie over wijn die u zich kunt voorstellen: wijnregio's, druivensoorten, productiemethodes, nieuws, met producers en recepten. 100 wijngebieden en 250 druivensoorten, in 4 talen. Twis.
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I'll still have enough thanks for the 2 5 gallon tubs at yours please! not sure which ones, but it'll be 2 different reds! prob plus another tray or 2 to go in a demijohn!

I'll ring you tomorrow and sort it out.

Rich

Comment

Bob, thanks for getting in touch earlier today. I think you must have tried every possible mode of communication before I finaly got the message. I fed the carrier pigeon (grapes) and sent it back to you with my order. Just in case Karl shot it and ate it I will have 3 boxes of Montepulciano please
                          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                            I fed the carrier pigeon (grapes) and sent it back to you with my order.

make the most of the birds......they will be extinct in West Yorkshire soon enough

mwahahahahahah
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post

mwahahahahahah

Yup, you're mad.

Ok then Bob, so what yeast do you suggest I use on the Montepulciano? I have some Burgundy and some Bordeaux yeast (Youngs) and some other stuff that isn't worth a mention.
                              National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

I love this thread!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Working...
                                X