This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing photographs to post on forum

If you are using Windows XP operating system, there is a great resource called powertools

there is an image resizing tool on there (right hand side of the page about 2/3 of the way down) that allows you to right click any image and resize it

hope you find this usefull
    regards
    Bob
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 29-09-2007, 05:04 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

If you arent using XP then you can right click your photo, then select open with.....Paint

then click image resize

resize it from there, save it and post it.

the size limit for jpg files is 97K

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

What about Vista and no Paint?

I know, I'm screwed......
      REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

lol

you should be able to add paint in, using control panel add/remove programs, installed programs...should give you the option to add "paint" into your accessories (I think)
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

You could be ahead of the game Hippie but I am sure there will be something out there that will do the job.

Vista, what's Vista? We all run Windows 3.1 round here but there are rumours of something called Windows 98 coming soon. Might have to upgrade to a Pentium processor and double the memory to 4 meg though. Paint also comes in tins round here.

Bob, thanks for the link to power tools, very useful.
          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Hippie, have a look here, might be summat you can use.

CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers

Photobie 4.2 is free and works with Vista, try it and let us know if it's ok.
            Last edited by Richard S; 30-09-2007, 10:22 AM.
            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

So...

select the photo you wish to resize and right click on it...select open with, and then select paint (or other programme)
              Attached Files
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Click on image resize
                Attached Files
                Last edited by lockwood1956; 30-09-2007, 12:20 PM.
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Then select resize, save and check what size it is (needs to be 97K or less)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by lockwood1956; 30-09-2007, 12:38 PM.
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Groovy. Turns out I do have paint!

hehehe

No telling what all I might have on this beast!!!

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Yea, whatever!

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                      You could be ahead of the game Hippie but I am sure there will be something out there that will do the job.

Vista, what's Vista? We all run Windows 3.1 round here but there are rumours of something called Windows 98 coming soon. Might have to upgrade to a Pentium processor and double the memory to 4 meg though. Paint also comes in tins round here.

Bob, thanks for the link to power tools, very useful.
                      I think I would rather have an earlier version of windows than this Vista mess. This new Vista is the only thing holding this supercomputer back. I would way rather have XP. Do not get Vista. The way it utilizes RAM is all wrong, among alot of other problems. Hardly any games are completely compatible with it, including Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08, which I love. Windows shuts it down periodically during play and then the hole you were on has to be started over. At least it don't wipe out anything saved. I just do not like it at all. I have 4 GB RAM installed and am only able to use 3 GB. Microsoft will not say why. I can't change this system to XP because my OH uses this system to work on and if I change the OS she will lose the ability to connect to the remote servers she uses.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Vista is just soooooo poor

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Oh, so you have experienced the Vista monster also, Bob?

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

I have windows XP. I do my resizing on Photo Shop or a software program called Easy GIF both work great. I use them all the time. Cheers DAW

I do not know anything about vista but my son is a professional designer for 15 years; I will bend his ear to see if he can enlighten me.???

Comment

First pictures - Cloudy Gooseberry Wine

First attempt at this.

Thanks for the hints with the XP power tools.

Will put it into the garage now that the pics are done.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X