No announcement yet.

What to read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the books that I have managed to flick through over the past few years, all seem to be lacking in 'easy make kit' on the lines of the N01 recipe, I made kits but the problem with fresh ingridients style was always having the right time to gather the ingridients, e.g. collect on sunny day at noon. Shift patterns have changed, so making an enjoyable wine that was sourced whilst dooing the weekly shop is ideal. Can you think of, or sujust a modern recipe book. Using web is still hit or miss. One recipe called for 125gms of dried elderflower, found another thatsaid 15gms, went to hb and ended up brain dead for correct quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      Two other faves are "Making Chateau style wines" Daniel Pambianchi,
      I am waiting for this......
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Has anyone read 'Principles and Practices of Winemaking ' [ASIN: 0834212706].

It would need to be good for that amount of money
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Cheapest on amazon= lots of No1 wine

Comment

Originally posted by tribalfather View Post
            In the books that I have managed to flick through over the past few years, all seem to be lacking in 'easy make kit' on the lines of the N01 recipe, .
            winemaking in style is the book to look for (Gerry Fowles)
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks for the sujestion, went on line to price and found this one WINEMAKING with CONCENTRATES, took it to amazon used price 1p plus postage. hopefully have some shopable recipe.

Comment

I bought wine making in style by Gerry Fowles about two years ago, at that time
                I had been making wine for over eight years so on reading it,due to my prior experience
                in making wine, understanding it was easy, there is a lot in the book that ten years
                ago would have gone over my head, its by far the best book I have read and the way
                he explains things make's it easy to follow.

Comment

For grape wine making this is SPOT on.

The Way to Make Wine: How to Craft Superb Table Wines at Home

Very easy to read - good order and readable by both newie's and the more experienced hand.

Comment

Have just ordered Joy of Home Wine Making, Terry A. Garey and Award Winning Wines: Professional Methods for the Amateur Winemaker, Bill Smith . Looking forward very much to receiving these. I love my new hobby, wish I had started doing this years ago.

Comment

I have both of those books

Terry Gareys book is a good starter book, she doesnt take it too seriously and its an easy read....(her advice from her Gran is the best I heard from anyone ever)

Bill Smiths book is fab, he is a fellow judge and I have tasted quite a few of his wines, he has delivered talks on winemaking to the Guild of judges, and is held in high regard by all. Some great recipes in the book

regards
                      Bob
                      Last edited by lockwood1956; 05-06-2011, 08:19 PM.
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        Terry Gareys book is a good starter book, she doesnt take it too seriously and its an easy read....(her advice from her Gran is the best I heard from anyone ever)
                        Terry Garey is a member of our winemaking club here in Minnesota. Her book is alright, though I find some of the advice given to be a little outdated. Even she admits that there are some sections she would update. But, I agree, it's a good starter book. It was one of the first ones I read.
                        Steve

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good book o advanced grape wine making techniques.

Comment

Knowing and making wine Emile Peynaud

more technical stuff than you can shake a stick at

Peynaud has trained zillions French Pro winemakers.

great book, but you need quiet time and no alcohol to digest it fully

regards
                            Bob
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Ouch £50 - I wonder why all the goodies are so expensive.

Comment

just got 'Knowing and making" for £20' - Result (I think)

Comment

Working...
                                X