Wine won't clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You not over cooking it Bob ????

You could try using some Banana liquid, if that fails egg whites...or just stop being so impatient and let nature take its course

Comment

"Ti-i-i-ime is on my side, yes it is......"
      REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Yes but how much time? I have a mead that won't clear and egg whites done absolutely zilch for that. I might try the banana juice but won't that impart a strong taste?
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Are we absolutely unequivocally definitely positive these wines are not still fermenting very slowly? Sometimes those yeastie beasties are very persistent even in an otherwise toxic environment.
          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Absolutely definately positively dry, this is last years wine started in Aug/September (not got the notes to hand)

I didn't think starch hazes were a plum thing......but this is definately still hazy.

I have some starch haze treatment (Amylaze spelling?) might give it a whirl when i get in tonight.
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Banana Juice?

do tell
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Stone fruits will give you fits for sure most of the time. Sometimes you might do too much to a wine and then it all works against the main goal.
                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

OK
                  I have convinced myself it's a starch haze because
                  I have treated it for Pectic haze.....it must be a starch haze....so arrived home this evening 19.05 hrs

added 1 tsp Amylaze

Watch this space.

*crosses fingers*
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Have you tested it for Pectin ?

Dont overlook, it could still be a pectin issue. Plums are notorious for pectin problems. It has been known for 4 x the normal dosage to treat pectin in Plum wines

Comment

OK this batch (1 gallon#) has now had about 6 tsp of pectolase added, and finally.........its clearing

HURRAH!
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Whew! Thank the good Lord above! I was getting tired of all the whining!
                        REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

LOL

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                          X