Supermarket Juice wines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried 2.

Tried sainsburys Cranberry and blueberry came out very nice,i was very surprised, going to do another, also tried apple pineapple orange - disgusting too much variety i think.

Comment

1 x Tropicana Tropical Fruit
      2 x White Grape
      Sugar 400g
      Citric Acid
      Pectolase
      Nutrient
      Champagne Yeast

So far I've had a very nice white wine drinkable in under 3 weeks

Comment

I've just made one of this earlier tonight..

3x 1 litre cartons of Tesco Apple, Mango & lime juice (special offer 3 for £2)
        1lb sugar.
        1tsp Yeast Nutrient
        1 sachet of Gervin gv4 yeast..( all i had, hope its ok??)

Will add the white grape juice later as per the recipe..

Came out to to a SG of 1095..

Fingers crossed it works...
        Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

Hi, Its been a while since i posted on here. Just caught the winemaking bug again!

In addition to the blackcurrant/raspberry and the elderberry/blackberry bubbling away (made in the traditional way) ive decided to try a few of these quick supermarket juice recipies.

firstly, pretty confident this should turn out OK;

2l blueberry juice
          2l red grape juice
          1tsp citric acid
          1tsp pecto
          500g sugar
          Yeast

The next one im not too sure about in terms of acidity given the above comments;

2l Orange juice
          2l grapefruit juice
          600g sugar
          1tsp pecto
          yeast

Any advice would be appreciated.
          Cheers, John

Comment

A tad heavy on the grapefruit
            Abingdon-on-thames..learning by my mistakes !!

Comment

My supermarket juice wine, Details in above post, has gone from SG1095 to SG00 in a week?

Would this be right, as it seems to be very qiuck.. could it be the yeast Gervin gv4??

Its sat in my kitchen, the temp of wine is 68F. It just seems really quick??

Thanks
              Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by waggoner View Post
                My supermarket juice wine, Details in above post, has gone from SG1095 to SG00 in a week?

Would this be right, as it seems to be very qiuck.. could it be the yeast Gervin gv4??

Its sat in my kitchen, the temp of wine is 68F. It just seems really quick??

Thanks
                Mark.
                That is one big drop in week. I normally reckon on 1% alc per day drop - so beer generally 4% takes 4 day to ferment. This assumes all over conditions for ferment are met.
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Thanks cellar rat. It does seem such a big drop in such a short time,, thats why i wondered if the type of yeast makes a difference,, it being a high strenght one??
                  Still,, i tried a bit of it,, its ok, and you can feel the alcohol warmth to it,,so it must have done something right!!
                  Just wait and see what happens to it now..

Comment

Working...
                  X