No announcement yet.

Raspberry Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did and they both taste wonderful, and are in storage as I write.

In fact I've got another gallon on the go using shop bought frozen rasps. I'm working on the assumption that ageing them will make them even nicer, so I want to keep a steady supply ageing so that I don't run out when I start guzzling them!
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

picked 3lb of raspberries this afternoon in fermenter now ready to go just need to decide which yeast to use will be starting them off tonight

Comment

The past 2 years I have made raspberry and rhubarb...
        I think this year I will try jus raspberry - mainly cos my rhubarb is only new, and cant be picked yet
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

I found a substantial amount of wild rasps on a walk tonight.
          Planning on picking as many as I can and making a couple of batches.

I fancy a light early drinker and I'll try the first recipe on this thread. Also intrigued with the one with the RGC and requires a years maturation...would that one result in a heavier more full bodied red which could take a bit more alcohol?

Comment

Just about to start some of this off
            Just a small question... With regard to the acid blend ???
            I have citric and malic, but no tartaric...
            Will the omission of tartaric acid do anything drastic to the finished product ?
            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Just bottled the raspberry wine it smells gorgeous and tastes great i am just getting a very very slight yeasty taste the oh says she can't taste it but im sure i can.Is this something that will disapear over time i was planning to leave it bottled untill the summer or should i do something with it i was very tempted to put a slight amount of nutrient in a bottle. Otherwise i would reccomend it the wine cleared in to time and is very drinkable already a very good result for the first one. I will definatley be making at least 2 batches next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                i was very tempted to put a slight amount of nutrient in a bottle. Otherwise i would reccomend it the wine cleared in to time and is very drinkable already a very good result for the first one. I will definatley be making at least 2 batches next year.

NOOO. Why would you want to put more nutrient in the bottle??? Please don't.

At best it'll give it some type of 'marmite' taste. At worst, any yeast that may be left could feed on it and your bottles explode.

Is the wine perfectly clear, and all the yeast dropped out? You could well be right with the needing some time to mellow and age.

Comment

Thanks Rich i will leave them as they are for 6 Months then taste again .They are perfect and clear all the sediment has gone and i have filtered and bottled it but to be honest i probably didn't need to filter it was that clear.And i don't use finings so i think they just need to age a bit cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X