Peach wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London is calling me

I'm off back there tomorrow to pick up 200lbs Merlot and 200lbs Cabernet Sauvignon

and next week going again for 200lb Montepulciano (yum yum yum yum yum...one of my favourite wines)
    and Scicilian grapes....not known whart variety yet

hurrah
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

just watched a programme on sky travel this afternoon about sicillian wine apparently in the 80's it was quite out of favour but now its coming back into vogue couldn't catch the type of grape even though they said it about 10 times ,deaf as a post
      mark
      "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

what you guys do is awesome

Comment

05 peach #1 co**** filtered

Almost didn't go through the #1 coaorse Mini-Jet pads. Looks better and tastes better though. I like it.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Hippie; 17-10-2006, 06:27 AM. Reason: darn curseword filter
          REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

'05 Peach #2 polish filtered

Looks good, tastes good, ready for bottling soon. Too bad half this 5 gallons goes to the fruit owner. He did all that work though with taking care of the trees, picking the fruit, destoning, bagging, freezing, waiting, etc......

(pic quality is not so good, sorry, specialty is bass playing, not photography)
            Attached Files
            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

looks awesome

total wait time to clear without finings?

can you tell im impatient ?

Comment

UM...I had to push the cloudy wine through filter pads and had alot of leakage each time. It is a no-no, but it wasn't ever going to clear on it's own. It was started 2-10-06, stabilized on 3-1-06.
                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

I have 10 gallons of cloudy (well more hazy than cloudy) plum wine to deal with, not sure what I will do with it, it tastes good.....may just drink it cloudy

lol
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Yea, I am gonna go ahead and bottle this real soon. It is still slightly cloudy. Notice it does not shine like the Scuppernong does. Oh well. I plan on starting plum early next year if I can get alot more bulk aged wine bottled also. It is '05 fruit also. See how behind I am?
                    REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

05 Peach bottled 12-20-06

Messed the pic up trying to make smaller pixels (whatever they are).

Anywho, I got the slightly less than sparkling yummy concoction in bottles and put away in a secret hiding chamber dark and cool.
                      Attached Files
                      REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                        Messed the pic up trying to make smaller pixels (whatever they are).

they are like elves......but smaller
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

LOL Bob, nice one!
                          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

I think I see the difference...elves help us, pixels confuse us!
                            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

That's it!

by george you've got it!
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Probably some spammer!
                                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
                                X