No announcement yet.

Peach wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that peach wine takes a while to be good. I almost poured my first batch out after it had aged 6 months, then waited a year and it was good so I bottled it. A year in the bottle and it was fabulous.

Gotta rack this current batch to a 5 gallon carboy and stabilize. It is done.
    REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

I've been reading this thread with great interest,

I'm thinking of giving this wine a go, i see a few of you talking about using over ripe Peaches, how will i know when the Peaches are over ripe?

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Comment

They'll be a bit soft and the skin will be duller and darker. Watch out for any really soft spots and wrinkled skin. I'd have thought those ones would have gone too far.
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Thanks Mamigowl,

Should get a gallon or three on the go at the weekend.

Comment

Peaches will start getting good and ripe here by April.
            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Interesting point Hippie, i planned on buying the fruit from the supermarket, i've done this with the pineapple wine and had no problems, is there any reason i why should'nt?

Comment

WOW, that looks like 6 gallons of golden sunshine. Ship a case to Chicago for me! Thanks for the recipe, I may have to pick some up this weekend.

Comment

Jojo, whey you use canned peaches, do you rince them first?

Comment

No, Axl. Just an observation on the forthcoming peach crop here in The Natural State.
                    REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

'05 Peach 2nd rack

Racked to 5.5 gallon carboy this morning and stabilized at SG .992 @ 72*F. I think it will be real good!

Attached Files
                      REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Brewster
                        Jojo, whey you use canned peaches, do you rince them first?
                        That's all I could find at the time. Good fruit is scarce at times around here.

I didn't rinse at all. The syrup brought the SG up a bit.

Comment

I tried it!

Well, I started a batch of the canned peach wine last night. I followed Jack Kellers recipe but also added 5 lbs of banana's to the (3.5) gallon batch. It smells a lot like bananas in the primary, I hope it does not add too much to the flavor or bouquet.

Comment

Sounds real good to me!
                            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

yeast

So I added the yeast last night and am now wondering if I should have pulled out the pulp bag full of Peaches and Banana's first. I was thinking that I pull this out right before I transfer the must to the secondary right? One of these days I will learn how to make wine!

Comment

Go Brewster Go

It sounds just fine

regards
                                Bob
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X