Peach wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 peach, before and after racking and sweetening

I think this is gonna be very good wine!
    Attached Files
    REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

awesome.

i can see it clearing!

Comment

Hello Hippie,

I see you are using the airlock that looks like a small glass. I have seen them for sale in Wilkinsons, but was insure as to if and how they work. Are they as good as the other type (like an intestine with lumps on it!!)?

thanks

cj

Comment

They are much better. Easier to fill and also they make a tighter seal.
          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Hippie - Do you scrape out the red flesh around the peach pit before putting the fruit into primary? I read someone somewhere does this and am curious.

Comment

No, I just mash up all the flesh and skins together after thawing. I throw away the seeds before freezing.
              REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

05 peach 4th rack 9-13-06

I gotta brag on this one! It is killer! Best peach to date for sure. Patience has paid off so far. Racked it off the fine lees today, ready for a fine filtering methinks. It tastes very good. Maybe a tad sweeter than I wanted, but reminds me of a St. James Winery peach wine that I bought a case of on the way home from the Journey/Def Leppard concert in St. Louis in July. Taking notes Bob? I bought several of their wines after tasting every wine they make. I think Joel Sommer lives close to there somewhere. Anyway, this is finally starting to clear. I might be rushing the filtering just a tad, will wait and see if any more fine lees drop. This wine was started way back in february.
                Attached Files
                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

hmmm, that does look good. giz sum!

Comment

Thank you, I think?

lol
                    REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

No finings?

Comment

Have never used finings except what came with the very few kits I have done. Haven't had the need.
                        REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

its gotta be a patience thing.

so far i've fined all of mine.

Comment

jojo, if you have plenty of wine in bottles to drink, patience is easy. So what's the problem? You must learn the ways of the Jedi.
                            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Your powers are weak old man!

lol
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Maybe some of them, but 1 of my powers, patience, is very strong! The dark side is calling you, old ancient Jedi!
                                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Working...
                                X