• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL well worth the wait though
    get more demijons!!

Comment

its in a brew bin

I wanted it for this weekend but my beer took longer (cos of room temp I think) so everything got delayed

it looks and smells fab though

Comment

I did think it would be drinkable cos it does taste nice

Should I leave it to ferment out if I want to prime it though?

I may do half now flat and prime the other half when its finised

Comment

right well we drank 8l of it on sat night sun morning and everyone loved it

although it was really fizzy and I hadn't primed it

why is that?

Comment

Because it hadn't finished fermenting when you bottled it. (there were still sugars in the cider for the yeast to munch on, think of the bubbles as yeast poo).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daft as a Brush
              think of the bubbles as yeast poo.
              Love it!
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

yeast poo it might have been, but it tasted fab

It can't still be going though, its been over 2 sodding weeks now

Comment

what apple juice

is every one using to make there turbo cider ive just got a batch on the go with tesco value and its going great guns
                  "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

perry

Earlier in this thread we were discussing making perry. I had eventually tracked down Lidl's pear juice.
                    DON'T use it. It is very thick and gloopy and when it started to fement it went into lumps. Think a bottle of milk that has gone very very bad! So, I thought I'd strain it through muslin. It took over 24 hours and the resultant liquid is as weak as dishwater. I had previously tried another perry using two very large tins of pears, blitzed them and carried on as normal. That is very nice, as is the pear juice to drink, but no go for fermenting.
                    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

I am going to try my Turbo tonight, was just wondering if you can put PET bottles in the fridge? They have not been primed as i like my cider still.
                      Hope its ok, off work tommorow so i can give it a real go!
                      At the moment, the bottles are on the back step freezing their b*****s off!!
                      hope no one nicks them!

Comment

Which yeast?

When i make Turbo, i have always used a GP yeast. I am going to make some more soon, and was just wondering what everyone else uses or recommends for Turbo. Also, will a different yeast make any difference to the end result in any way?

Comment

on this batch i used girven no1 wine yeast which gave a bigger head on introduction to the apple juice than the last batch in which i used a gp yeast from wilkos
                          "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

cyser on the go and bubbling well

my other cider is still going what the hell did I do to it

Comment

sorbate

when doing Turbo, do you have to sorbate and campden? if yes, what happens if you dont? sorry if these are silly questions!

Comment

I like it still too, but I'm going to have a go at sparkling next time I try it
                                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
                                X