Solomon Grundy, 5 day kits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solomon Grundy, 5 day kits.

Solomen Grundy white, "Made on Monday drunk by Sunday" is what it says on the box.
    This is by far the worst kit I've made to date, the price was £20 and yes get what you pay for but this was real poor. In fact it was so bad I only used it for topping up, I still have 1 gallon in the cellar which will be used for topping up as well.

Rated out of 5.
    Well I'm reluctant to give it 1. It had virtually no taste or bouquet and was very thin/no mouth feel at all.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

So it's not just me then. I was so disappointed with this kit I labelled it 'Vin Ordinaire', and it put me off kits altogether.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
      So it's not just me then. I was so disappointed with this kit I labelled it 'Vin Ordinaire', and it put me off kits altogether.
      Shame really because their "Gold" kits are quite good.
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I have just put a Gold Merlot out to clear, hoping it is reasonable. Took a lot longer than what it said on the box tho. Must have been brewing for about 3 weeks, now on second day of clearing.
        sigpic

Comment

I have a Medium Red Soloman Grundy, it's been going 9 days, I'm going to try to mature it some, but I'm not holding out for anything spectacular. I got it as a present, my auntie and uncle said "We got you the cheapest one"

A quality kit is like 15-20 pound more grrrrr, better quality, plus you don't have to add sugar
          Last edited by Tuco; 11-06-2009, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I have to agree with Duff here, I'm drinking the soloman grundy, and its nasty as hell, I've had to add some Grape juice to my glass before drinking, making me gag otherwise

Comment

ooh tempting

Comment

Oh joy, I got one of these going at the minute, the 5 days has so far stretched to 8 and its still going. Would like to say im looking forward to tryin it.......
                But now im just looking forward to freein up the dj

Comment

Just started a Gold Chablis Blush today so fingers crossed
                  BrewTrax Stats

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeyetim View Post
                    Ahhh... this is the one that I started in between Xmas and New Year, that I recently filtered... I couldn't remember what it was called

I think its quite nice...a very decent quaffing wine, in my opionion.
                    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeyetim View Post
                      Originally posted by spritzer View Post
                      Ahhh... this is the one that I started in between Xmas and New Year, that I recently filtered... I couldn't remember what it was called

I think its quite nice...a very decent quaffing wine, in my opionion.
                      The Sol Grundy Gold Chablis Blush is an excellent rose, very much on par with a white zin, certainly not to be confused with the standard 5 day kit's.
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I made a SOLOMAN GRUNDY ROSE 7 day kit..........followed instructions but did leave @ 3 days before bottling after racking.
                        Drank some as soon as it was ready and was nice.....drank some a week later and BL**DY lovely........gave some to family/friends and so far all good reports.

I got @ 28 bottles out of this kit and I work it out at 90p a bottle........will definatelly be making it again!!!!!
                        Fermenting ,25ltrs of Chardonnay(winebuddy),Gallon of Wine number 1,Hulio "peachy" white,Exoctic pinky wine.
                        Clearing/finishing,"hulio's" rose, WOW,WOW&strawberry
                        DrinkingSoloman Grundys rose,Youngs Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewine Lover View Post
                          I got @ 28 bottles out of this kit and I work it out at 90p a bottle........will definatelly be making it again!!!!!
                          Welcome aboard! Kit's like this are great practice for doing grapes later in the year and the results are spectacular.
                          Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 27-06-2011, 07:32 AM.
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                            Welcome aboard! Kit's like this are great practice for doing grapes later in the year and the results are spectacular.
                            I'm loooooving it......its quite addictive, hubby calls me the "mad scientist" when i'm on in the kitchen!!!!
                            Fermenting ,25ltrs of Chardonnay(winebuddy),Gallon of Wine number 1,Hulio "peachy" white,Exoctic pinky wine.
                            Clearing/finishing,"hulio's" rose, WOW,WOW&strawberry
                            DrinkingSoloman Grundys rose,Youngs Rose

Comment

The learning and improving is for me what its about - I really enjoy giving my friends my wine and them enjoying it - I supppose it the same as making them a nice meal!
                              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
                              X