Pinot Grigio - Magnum Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinot Grigio - Magnum Ultimate

Magnum kits have been around for a while now but the Magnum Ultimate range is new. The small range consists of 2 whites, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio, 2 reds, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot and a Rose which is a Shiraz Blush.

The Pinot Grigio Kit I bought cost £25 or 83p per bottle, this seems to be the standard price. I recently bought another kit when they were on offer for £20 (66p per bottle! ) and as I write this, it is bubbling away.

I was expecting a cheap flavour for the cheap price, WRONG! this stuff is fab, wonderful fruity flavour. Everyone who has tasted this has given positive comments.

Dead easy to make, simple instuctions and 3 weeks later, in the bottle. About 5 days after bottling, I took a bottle over to Bob's place for Grapefest 07. Well, Bob liked it so it can't be bad (we drank most of it while Karl was asleep )

Easyness of making 8/10
    Flavour 9/10
    Value for money 10+/10

Hope the second kit turns out as good as the first.
    Last edited by Duffbeer; 13-11-2007, 02:57 PM.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
    Magnum kits have been around for a while now but the Magnum Ultimate range is new. The small range consists of 2 whites, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio, 2 reds, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot and a Rose which is a Shiraz Blush.

The Pinot Grigio Kit I bought cost £25 or 83p per bottle, this seems to be the standard price. I recently bought another kit when they were on offer for £20 (66p per bottle! ) and as I write this, it is bubbling away.

I was expecting a cheap flavour for the cheap price, WRONG! this stuff is fab, wonderful fruity flavour. Everyone who has tasted this has given positive comments.

Dead easy to make, simple instuctions and 3 weeks later, in the bottle. About 5 days after bottling, I took a bottle over to Bob's place for Grapefest 07. Well, Bob liked it so it can't be bad (we drank most of it while Karl was asleep )

Easyness of making 8/10
    Flavour 9/10
    Value for money 10+/10

Hope the second kit turns out as good as the first.
    Story of my life, I allways miss out .

I agree though these are cracking kit's for the money, Iv'e just made the Chardonnay I'll post a review when it's tasting time.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

And of course you took a first prize with it at Doncaster mini show, so the judge liked it too
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
        I agree though these are cracking kit's for the money, Iv'e just made the Chardonnay I'll post a review when it's tasting time.
        Mark made the Chardonnay, (the 20 bottle kit ) it turned out just fine but i'm sure it could be tweaked a bit

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        And of course you took a first prize with it at Doncaster mini show, so the judge liked it too
        Yup, the judge knew his stuff
        National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

I have drunk most of my Magnum Shiraz Blush kit. And again fantastic. Got the others in different stages of brewing or ready to brew.

Also a cheap way of buying Grape Juice for your home made wines. Far better than the £2.25 a tin for the little ones.

Thanks for that bit of advice Bob.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X