No announcement yet.

Peppermint Vodka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being diabetic, the garden mint would be a better choice for me. What do you do, just pick, wash and stuff it in the DJ? How much and for how long? Do you then filter it back into a bottle or just leave the mint in?
    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
    Groucho Marx

Comment

Hey wisp. i kept it simple; trimmed off anything that looked like it wouldn't add much to the flavour - excess stem where leaves were far apart, brown/yellowing leaves etc. Then washed gently it only to remove loose bits and pieces that were not mint, i didn't want to lose any yummy mint flavours down the sink. Then lobbed it in the bottle with the vodka and topped it right up to make sure that all leaves etc were covered. Most drinks of this type (infusions with spirits) also add sugar but i figured i could do that at drinking time if needed, and obviously you have your reasons too ;-)

i'm really unsure about that dreaded thing botulism, and i keep meaning to check up on it with regard to mint/spirits, but i haven't yet. should be a simple enough search i just haven't got round to it.
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Cheers Ace. Methinks me will be having a go at this
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
        X