Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liquorice and aniseed Vodka

1 x bottle of cheap vodka
    1 x bag of Foxes Dark. (liquorice and aniseed)

Easiest made in a demi john if you have one about but can be done in the bottle by pouring half of the vodka out.

Into a sterilised demi john add the Foxes Dark. Pour in the 70 cl of vodka. Put a solid bung into the demi john and shake. Leave at room temp, shaking occasionally until all the sweets have disolved.

Chill the bottle either in fridge or freezer and serve over ice.
    sigpic

Made some of this last weekend, after tasting some at Biggles' house.

Just tried a little sampler. Wow, it's good. Had a little trouble finding the foxes dark, got a few bags at woolworths eventually!

Thanks Biggles!

Rich

Edit: Reputation points added for the good recipe!!

Comment

Looks great recipe.. found Fox's glacier dark (aniseed/liquorice) and Fox's glacier fruit on BOGOF so just made a bottle of each by putting 70cl bottle vodka into old litre bottle with the sweets and this leaves enough room for shaking.. can't wait for them to melt..
      To err is human.. to drink divine...

Comment

Originally posted by Andirou View Post
        Looks great recipe.. found Fox's glacier dark (aniseed/liquorice) and Fox's glacier fruit on BOGOF so just made a bottle of each by putting 70cl bottle vodka into old litre bottle with the sweets and this leaves enough room for shaking.. can't wait for them to melt..
        Welcome to the forum Andirou, and making your first post!

Now, where are they on BOGOF?

Mine took less than a week to dissolve, shaking every day. It was a 1.5 litre jar, with 2 bags of foxes dark in, topped right up with 40% spirit..

Put it into 2 750ml bottles today. 1 for me and gave 1 away to a friend who likes it too!

Rich

Comment

Sorry. forgot to say.. Morrisons.. 1 pound something.. don't know if that double normal price then BOGOF.. but I am a cynic.. tried both tonight and every one likes the fruity one!..

Thx4welcome..
          To err is human.. to drink divine...

Comment

Really like the sound of the L&A vodka but not sure about being able o get those sweets in France. Ive definitely seen soft liquorice sweets - like Bassetts - would they work or do you think theyd be too oily?

Also, not having a demi-john, could I dissolve half in a plastic bottle or must it be glass?

Comment

Food grade plastic would be fine.

regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Meaning? Feeling bit stupid this afternoon - its the heat!!

Fizzy drinks bottles or cordial any good?

Thanks Bob

Comment

Liquorice & Aniseed Vodka

I'm not a lover of vodka, but made some of this up a couple of days ago..... Wow, thanks Biggles!

Meep Meep - Ingredients Locator engaged:
                  Bingo - Foxes Dark @ 69p @ "Home Bargains" - this is budget supermarket chain who took over most of the Woolworths stores in my neck of the wood.

Trouble is that it's so sweet and warming, you can easily forget you're drinking almost neat vodka - Beware - a tiny shot-glass is the answer... put in one shot + a little ice, adopt a sip'n'savour approach and then lock the bottle away...!

Regards, Alun (jonesthephones)
                  P.S. Listen to my music on: www.youtube.com/jonesthephones

Comment

Originally posted by jonesthephones View Post
                    I'm not a lover of vodka, but made some of this up a couple of days ago..... Wow, thanks Biggles!

Meep Meep - Ingredients Locator engaged:
                    Bingo - Foxes Dark @ 69p @ "Home Bargains" - this is budget supermarket chain who took over most of the Woolworths stores in my neck of the wood.

Trouble is that it's so sweet and warming, you can easily forget you're drinking almost neat vodka - Beware - a tiny shot-glass is the answer... put in one shot + a little ice, adopt a sip'n'savour approach and then lock the bottle away...!
                    Well if you really want to kick the ar5e out of this, then just google for "skittles vodka", then you can make it in different flavours from a couple of packs - and still have the choice of blending (or if you vary the amount of added sugar, I'm sure you'd be able to serve it as a rainbow thing....)

regards

jtfb
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                      Well if you really want to kick the ar5e out of this, then just google for "skittles vodka", then you can make it in different flavours from a couple of packs - and still have the choice of blending (or if you vary the amount of added sugar, I'm sure you'd be able to serve it as a rainbow thing....)

regards

jtfb
                      One of my mates is very keen on Skittles Vodka (whole packet + Vodka). Cola Cube Vodka baing anothe favourite (Oh Boy! Cola Cubes! Yipeeee!)
                      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                      -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                      X