Pinot Noir - California Connoisseur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinot Noir - California Connoisseur

The California Connoisseur Range is priced similar to the Beaverdale range but seems to have a wider choice. I bought this 6 bottle kit a while ago and started it off in order to give us a little more choice with reds to choose from this Christmas.

£10 for this 6 bottle kit = £1.66 per bottle so this is ok for very small scale wine making or like me, a trial batch before moving on to a 5 gal kit.

Contents of the box were, grape concentrate, yeast, bentonite, potassium metabisulphite, potassium sorbate and finings.

Like the Beaverdale kits, these are sugar inclusive, so dead easy to start. Fermentation took a total of 16 days and after de-gassing, only 5 days to clear.

I filtered and bottled this kit straight away but it would have been better to leave it in a dj for a couple of months.

We tried a bottle last night and it is quite good. As reds go I would say it is light to medium colour, medium body, quite dry and very tasty.

Easyness of making 4/5
    Flavour 4/5
    Value for money 3/5 (6 bottle kit)
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

I don't normally do kits, but all these posts are making me think I should give one a go. They seem easy enough, and quick too.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
      I don't normally do kits, but all these posts are making me think I should give one a go. They seem easy enough, and quick too.
      They are dead easy, cos i can and have, done a couple in the last 2 months and got 3 more on the go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
        Go on give one a go Mamgi, try to keep to the middle range kits to avoid disapointment, Magnum ultimate, Beaverdale, Grand Maison reserve or herron Bay are all good kit's, snd make fast turnaround easy drinking wine.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I might just do that. All spent out because of Christmas at the mo, but come the New Year - who knows?
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

I need a smilie for 'jealous'. California Connoisseur kits in the one gallon size. There are a couple that I would like to try, but this size is not available in Canada.

Vineco tried one gallon Ken Ridge Classic but has discontinued them (Shiraz and Chardonnay).
            Steve
            the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
            "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

Working...
            X