No announcement yet.

Fruit T Bag wine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be fair to say that if you like to drink a particular flavour tea, ie Camomile, Honey and Vanilla, that you would also like the wine made from it?
    (My mind is boggling here as I only drink herbal tea and I have LOADS of different ones in stock at home...)
    Also, has anyone tried a peppermint or spearmint one for winemaking? and if so, how well did it turn out?

And as another aside, a lot of supermarkets do their own brand teas that are a lot cheaper than the Twinings ones.

Oh dear, I KNEW it would be a bad idea to join a forum, you're all giving me these wonderful ideas for wine, and our garage is getting fuller and fuller with DJ's that are in various stages of ageing, and I'm running out of room to put the bottled stuff that I am storing I guess I'm going to have to drink faster...
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

OR......

build another garage
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

If you like the taste of it in a tea, you likely will like it in a finished wine

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          OR......

build another garage
          Hahaha, ROFL, can I quote you on that?, Him indoors has noticed me eyeing up one of his sheds already, and as I've been busy tidying stuff out this week, he's starting to get both worried and suspicious, I think he'll be glad when I am finally well enough to go back to work and stop fermenting things...
          HRH Her Lushness

Comment

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Duffbeer, I made the red version and it was delicious. Would you allow me to post your recipe on a gardening forum I am a member of? I mentioned on there that I had made this wine and someone has asked for the instructions.
              www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

Feel free to do so, glad it worked out fine
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                  Feel free to do so, glad it worked out fine
                  Thank you very much. I will credit you with the recipe. I will be making it again too!! Very very nice. I have to confess I didn't stabilise it - it didn't last long enough
                  www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

Hi - this is my first post here but it seemed relevant - we made a batch of Chai Tea wine a couple of years ago using the recipe from the Berry book which came out particularly well.
                    We tried it out because we'd had remarkable success with his Coffee wine recipe and I basically had a look round the cupboard and turned up some Chai teabags that my brother had left when he came to stay - nice gingery note and surprisingly not too sweet - I'd recommend it as worth a try!

Comment

Just read that back - I feel I should qualify that it's the Chai wine that had the gingery note.....and not my brother.......!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Quite a few of us make tea wine with varying degees of success. Will look out for some Chai teabags.

Cheers.
                        National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

I currently have a rosehip and hibiscus t-bag wine on the go which is shaping up well as a medium rose

Welcome to the forum cardsharp
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I've just racked off my Cranberry, Raspberry and Elderflower tea bag wine, that I started on 6th July.

The SG today is 1035.

The ferment seems to have stopped, but I'm concerned about the high SG, so, my query is;
                            -should I treat it as a stuck ferment and get it going again?
                            -Or leave it and see if the SG drops at all over the next week or so?

I've tasted it, and I must admit it's a little on the sweet side for me, but not unpleasant!

(I've just looked at the original recipe, and I followed the one for the Camomile and Honey, but used the Cranberry etc tea bags... so should I treat it as a stuck ferment and try and ferment it down to 1000 or below?)

Advice please... (apart from getting new reading glasses!)
                            Last edited by Her Lushness; 01-08-2008, 04:03 PM.
                            HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Has the ferment stopped or has it just stalled following racking (they do that)

check the sg after a cpouple of days and see if it has dropped.

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Okay, will do, and will report back for further advice.
                                THANKS!
                                HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Working...
                                X