Fruit T Bag wine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fruit T Bag Wine

Hi all i fancy having a go at some red tea bag wine but am not very good with sg and using hydrometers so can anyone who makes this give me a rough idea of how much sugar to use for a gallon ????Sorry for sounding a bit thick lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dewsfamily View Post
      Hi all i fancy having a go at some red tea bag wine but am not very good with sg and using hydrometers so can anyone who makes this give me a rough idea of how much sugar to use for a gallon ????Sorry for sounding a bit thick lol

Hi Dewsfamily... Welcome to the forum

I haven't gotten round to making this yet, so, I dont know roughly how much sugar you would need...Sorry

Have you read the tutorial about using hydrometer ??
      I found it very easy to follow when I first started...
      Here is the LINK

Also, the hydrometer not only aids you in working out the alcohol content of your wine...
      But, more importantly, it tells you when your ferment has finished.

You might also find THIS thread started by
      NorthernWiner a while back very useful

Good Luck
      Last edited by spritzer; 03-11-2008, 06:04 PM.
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

I would heartily recommend becoming proficient with the hydrometer at the very beginning, otherwise you will have all sorts of problems down the line........

Your Hydrometer is your friend!!
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Dewsfamily. I know it's a pain but you really do need to get a hydrometer otherwise you'll be all at sea with your winemaking. They really are not that difficult to use. Get a trial jar when you by the hydrometer, fill it with the must until the hydrometer floats and look where the top comes out of the liquid, add some sugar to the bulk (say 2lbs) and test again. Keep adding in small amounts until you reach 1070-1080 and that's your start SG. Don't worry about maths for alcohol % at the moment, we'll talk you through that when the time comes. Just try not to exceed the above numbers and you'll be OK.
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

hydrometer

Hi all thanks for advice about using one i actually have 2 hydrometers in shed which i got with all the homebrew stuff i was given will dig one out and have a go and hopefully let you know how i got on

Comment

That's the spirit!

We'll help all we can so don't worry.
              Let's party

Comment

Hi all thanks for advice about using one i actually have 2 hydrometers in shed which i got with all the homebrew stuff i was given will dig one out and have a go and hopefully let you know how i got on
                Good stuff
                It is the way ahead
                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Twinings T bags 60p for box of 20 in tescos at the moment various flavours absolute bargain

Comment

I seem to use about 1.5lbs sugar for a gallon of t'bag wine, but as everyone says, use your hydrometer as it'll save loads of problems further down the winemaking line.

Good luck and happy brewings.
                    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

friut t bag wine

I have made the wine using the elderberrry t-bags but it was far too sweet. Would it just be a case to add less sugar?

Comment

Not neccesarily......

some of the t-bags have artificial sweeteners in them, maybe this is why it ended sweet (you cant ferment them)

regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
                          I have made the wine using the elderberrry t-bags but it was far too sweet. Would it just be a case to add less sugar?
                          What was the SG and what did it ferment out to? I must say I've never come across tea bags that have sweetener in them
                          Let's party

Comment

the rosehip and hibiscus from holland and barratt always end medium sweet, and im assuming its sweeteners, as my technique is good it "shouldn't" be a stuck ferment
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I didnt check the sg and havent used hydrometers for any of my homebrew. Might next time though

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
                                I didnt check the sg and havent used hydrometers for any of my homebrew.

EEK!

your hydrometer is your friend!

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X