Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In over in isle of Lewis this week, Stornoway. Mostly been drinking Guinness as there is a lack of other real beer (Only when I'm off shift). But I'm home on Tuesday for a week so planning on brewing up a beer for the summer.

Comment

• Home grown rhubarb. I thought I had mixed it with the strawberry iced tea from lidl, but it really just tastes of rhubarb. Maybe that was the year before that I did that
      This batch has been back sweetened with Stevia.
      I may have added a tad too much. Maybe my pallet cant taste an aftertaste, that you get with other artificial sweeteners, but I really like it
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Port.

preceded by Gin.

It's been a while since being on here!

Comment

• I have a gallon of Banana wine ready & a gallon of Dandelion ready
          this years batch of Dandelion wine is & the is very good 2
          I will try both tonight

Comment

• What recipe/method did you use for the Banana wine? I've not made Banana wine for a fair few years now. Last lot I made I sweetened up as a dessert wine, it was rather good.

Comment

• try this Rich
              BANANA WINE 1 GALLON RECIPE

ingredients.
              2Kl-bananas.
              500Gm-banana skins.
              1Lt-white grape juice.
              1-lemon ( juice only )
              1kl-sugar.
              Half tsp-tannin powder.
              1.tsp-yeast compound.
              1.tsp-pectic enzyme.
              2.tbl-glycerine( to taste )
              1.tbl-finings.

METHOD
              place the bananas and the peel into a cloth bag and put the bag,
              tied up, into a large saucepan with water. Bring to the boil, then
              gently simmer for half an hour. Pour the hot liquor over the sugar
              and stir until the sugar is dissolved, and when the cloth bag is
              cool, squeeze and press it to extract as much liquor as possible. and When the
              liquor is cool add the grape juice, lemon juice, tannin powder , pectic enzyme
              and the yeast compound to the demijohn top up with cold water then fit the airlock and fully ferment out.
              Rack and add finings when clear, after about 7 days rack again add glycerine to taste, and leave to mature for at least 12 months.
              I buy all the cheap bananas at only 20p for 1kg off the market or ASDA they make very good wine ever time

Comment

Working...
              X