Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce Yourselves here

Hello and Welcome
    this is a different kind of forum, one that is not controlled by a supplier, we aim to provide you with the best forum available to Uk wine,mead and Beer makers.

Take a little time to look around and familiarize yourself with the forum.
    Your user control panel will give you options to change the way the forum looks on your PC, also how it displays threads in the forum, for example you can change whether the oldest post in a thread is displayed first or last. this can be selected from display modes (top right)

We have a chat room for your use, please just use this for chat and not for giving or receiving of information, please take the time to post a thread so that the information is available to all members. if its just in the chat room then that can be lost.

Most of all we want you to enjoy the forum, we want it to be run by the members for the members, please feel free to email us if you have any suggestions for new areas or improvements.
    Also please take a little time to post in the introduce yourselves section a little about who you are and what you do (wine, beer, mead or maybe all three) please also fill out your location info, not street name but just county/country will be fine

Regards
    Bob
    site admin
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 23-01-2008, 07:02 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Introduce Yourselves

Tell us a little about what kinds of beverages you make

also a little about yourself

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Hi
      I'm Charlie I live, work and play in Bristol.
      I used to brew from kits a while ago but have now started experimenting. I currently have on the go an apple and blackberry and apple and plum both waiting to be bottled also bubbling merrily away are Melon,Pineapple,Marrow and Ginger as well as 2gal of cider from freshly pressed apple juice, I also have 20lts of sainsburys apple juice and some Champagne yeast that i intend to play around with tomorow.Great site

Comment

Hi,
        Still new to all this wine making as your aware from the old forum
        Just finished off a Turbo Cider today.. Hoping to start on some fruit wines in the comming weeks

Comment

Hi, I've come over from the old Wines at Home site. I've been making wines with my husband who does most of it for several years now. We do some kits and some fruit and veggie wines. We also make meads. We try to grow and purchase as much product as we can, locally. Because we live so far North our access to good wine grapes is nill. I'm hoping that the wine fest is loads of fun and becomes an annual or semi-annual event. I'd sure love to hop on over there to meet some of you and sample some of your wares!
          Attached Files
          Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
          Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

This is so great! I found the other forum quite easy to use except I couldn't seem to post a picture. But now I can post pictures and there's a chat forum and it's all good. Thanks for all the work you folks keep putting into this forum! Keep up the fabulous work!

Comment

Well, I got here at last. Will miss the old forum, but I expect all the old friends will soon be joining us
              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

I've just come over from the other site too. I've well and truly got the wine bug now. I've got about a dozen or so wines on the go, and 3 batches of turbo cider. (I'm going to have to get a barrel for this soon in order to keep up with the other half, who drinks it as soon as it's ready!) today I started a barley wine and Turbo grape juice. Wanted to do perry but couldn't find pear juice Also as an experiment I'm trying a beer recipe from Berry's book.
                And before you ask - I am not an alcoholic, honest
                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

We refer to those relatives as the babies. The cats don't like to hear that b/c they're the babies too, but heck, at least they're in good company!

Comment

Hi I too have come across from the old forum. I am in the process of trying to brew some country/herb wines and get away from the kits. This year I have made Carrot, spud, damson, plum, parsnip, rosemary and apple chile and ginger. Still learning loads and mostly from this and another forum.
                    I drink therefore I am.

Comment

Where am i ?

Morning everyone, just as i was getting used to the old one, never mind hello and back to the business of wine making.

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Comment

excellent you're using vBulletin, now I feel at home

Is there a bar here

Comment

Morning all I'm loving the fact we'e on vbulletin - I know where everything is here

*stands up* I'm aqua and I have a drinking problem

Very new to wine making, have done the turbo cider and currently have 2 juice carton wines and one merlot on the go - although they wouldn't be if it hadn't been for the help of David and genie!

Can't wait to try them, currently convinced they're going to be vinegar though

Comment

Ok i'm lost on this site any advice, me and the internet don't mix

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Comment

*holds axls hand*

what do you want to know

Comment

Working...
                              X