Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    I planted my first vines on 2010 and I hope make wine once. So, many things I need to learn till it happen. I am thankful with possibility be here.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Gister!

Out of interest, what vines and how many have you planted?

Regards
      Rob

Comment

• Mostly Solaris. Also Kristall, Rondo, Regent and several table grapes. Total about 60 vines.

Comment

• please let me know how you get on with Regent. I have a few of these that always gets harvested by the birds before I can get to them I think it is something special about that variety they like.
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• Regent and Rondo I have planted just this spring, so I can tell no much about this. If we talk about dark berries I can tell about Galanth and Hasanskiy Sladkiy which were planted 2 years ago, and last year I had first harvest. I didn't use any means to protect these few brush, but it seems birds didn't find it interesting.

Comment

• Hello folks,

Brand new to the site and only just discovering the joys of homemade wine after a few duff attempts. I've been signed up with a few ale forums (brewing the stuff for a couple of years too I might add ) and decided to branch out since moving to Dorset recently from Manchester way.

Already got a No.1 happily bubbling away next to me as I type...

Cheers,
              Sam

Comment

• Welcome Sam!

Comment

• Originally posted by gister View Post
                  Mostly Solaris. Also Kristall, Rondo, Regent and several table grapes. Total about 60 vines.

I'm very envious. I would love a small vineyard like that.

Regards
                  Rob

Comment

• Hi, I'm Jon from Surrey.

Been brewing all grain for about 3 years now and on a whim, bought a Young's Definitive Cab Sov a few weeks back. Racked it off yesterday and have to say that while it needs degassing, its not too bad!

Itching to start my next one, so I'll be around asking n00b questions about wine!

Comment

• Welcome to you

pull up a chair....search the site......ask a few questions

pour a glass of your best
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hiya'all,

Just starting out, I'm Ange and I live in Lincoln. Got 2 *kits* on the go, Beaverdale Pinot Grigio and a Young's country definitive Black Cherry. Both bubbling nicely, thank you!! I'll apologise now for what is probably basic questions, but as I said - not done this before!!

Ange
                        x

Comment

• Hi Ange,

No need to apologise for basic questions, we were all beginners once. You'll probably find that your questions have been asked and answered somewhere on this forum, but if you can't find what you need, ask away .
                          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Hello, I'm Jane, I live in West Cornwall and am very very new to wine making so any help and advice is greatly appreciated
                            Cheers all J

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                              Hi Ange,

No need to apologise for basic questions, we were all beginners once. You'll probably find that your questions have been asked and answered somewhere on this forum, but if you can't find what you need, ask away .
                              Thanks goldseal, I'm quite excited about all this! Been meaning to try wine making for what, 15 years?? Just never got around to it!! Anyway, I'll just nip over to Winemakers general area to ask my first question. Terra for now,

Ange
                              x

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

Great to be here and I'm sure I will find this site full of excellent advice and hopefully friendly people.

Speak soon

SSB

Last edited by sirstanleybowles; 29-06-2012, 12:46 PM. Reason: added smilie
                                I'm so Fast.....the other night I got out of bed to turn the lights off and was back in bed before it went dark

Comment

Working...
                                X