Supermarket juice contents and prices site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarket juice contents and prices site

I just found this site whilst searching for the Don Simon juices.

If you click on the calorie content at the top of the juice it brings down a menu, at the bottom click on more info for the contents etc.

Think it may be of help to anyone wanting to make some homemade supermarket juice wine.

Fantastic find!!

well done....I've moved it to the resources section

thanks
    regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      Fantastic find!!

well done....I've moved it to the resources section

thanks
      regards
      Bob
      Thanks Bob, I'm still finding my way around.

Comment

That's brilliant, thanks sb44
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Thanks for that! it gives alot more info than most of the cartons have printed on them!

I was also interested to see that the tesco 58p value apple, is practicaly the same as the tesco 88p cartons, very little difference nutrition wise anyway, i've yet to taste them side by side to see if theres a difference.

Thanks for sharing those with us, im sure a few people will find it useful!

Comment

Perhaps sites like this will finally dispell myths such as Ribena (only 22% blackcurrant juice) being 'better' than (much, much, cheaper) supermarkets' own 'High Juice', such as Tescos, which is 35% blackcurrant juice, and just as easy to boil off preservatives for use in winemaking.
            My Brewlist@Jan2011

Comment

Originally posted by sb44 View Post
              I just found this site whilst searching for the Don Simon juices.
              Thanks for the reference SB, what are you up to? I've got 3 gal turbo cider on with Don Simon and 2 gal raspberry, grape and apple with I tin strawberries, small tin of rasps + 300g grape concentrate for wine.
              I've added 25g dark chocolate to the TC all were started at the weekend and are going well

JJ

Comment

Once you have clicked on the more details link you can use the tabs at the top to compare the same product in different supermarkets.....Tesco red grape at 3 for £2.....bargain!

The more you drink the more you save!
                Okay, now I get it. The difference between drinkable and ready....

Comment

Working...
                X