Comment on Pilsner Urquell Clone Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment on Pilsner Urquell Clone Tutorial

Hi I have a couple of comments that should help improve your beer processing. Before I make these I want the readers to know that I have made the same these changes myself as I used to do the same things shown here in the tutorial. When transferring your wert all ways transfer through a hose to the bottom of the next vessel being used in the process as oxidization occurs to any wert over 80F I see pictures with free falling wert from the sparge. Two the haze being described might just be protein if that is the case then add Irish moss during the last 15 min. of boil this will break down the proteins. Three adding time during the scarification will not help if the temperatures are not right check you temp and use Iodine test to make sure of full sugar conversion before stating sparge. Always run a quart or two of first run wert and then add it back to the grain bed this clears the grain debris from your wert if you boil wert this has not been done to you will bitter your wert from the husks etc that are in the first run. lastly to increase the sg and keep your volume right you need to increase your grain bill. Extra sparging will bring bitter flavors out of your grain the only way I know how to get a higher sg is to lengthen the boil time to keep the right volume you will need to collect more sweet wert. Seeing this brings back fond memories of when I started and thought my brew was the best in the west. After I came in contact with a few people that were accredited and asked them to taste my beer and give critical comment and make suggestion for improvement. They did this and I listened and have improved I still have a way to go before I win any awards but the critical comment is now on the up swing and with experience and method improvement my brews have improved dramatically.
    Last edited by rjb222; 09-04-2008, 08:06 PM.
    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Great feed back rjb222

How about enhancing the tutorial section with some great photos. This was only my second time full grain brewing so still a relative newbie

Would be great to see how you do it

Comment

Originally posted by kerosine View Post
      Great feed back rjb222

How about enhancing the tutorial section with some great photos. This was only my second time full grain brewing so still a relative newbie

Would be great to see how you do it
      I would love to the next time I do a batch I will take some photos of the process.I will need tutorial on how to properly post pictures as I know I have to size them properly and have never done that before. I do not have a program to do that with either but am sure they are out there.

Comment

if you are using windows xp there is a nifty little add on called photo re-sizer, there is also a tutorial here

the tutorial also has a link to the power-tools photo re-sizer software

hope this helps
        regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          if you are using windows xp there is a nifty little add on called photo re-sizer, there is also a tutorial here

hope this helps
          regards
          Bob
          thanks will try this soon

Comment

Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
            thanks will try this soon
            rjb:

I have been using a picture viewer called IRFANVIEW for a long long time. It includes a picture resizing function.

Steve
            the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
            "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post

hope this helps
              regards
              Bob
              Originally posted by cpfan View Post
              rjb:

I have been using a picture viewer called IRFANVIEW for a long long time. It includes a picture resizing function.

Steve
              Thanks cpfan I will check that out.

Comment

you can see computers are not my forte I had no intention of double quoting

Comment

Working...
                X