jojo's cellar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by to
    he looks of the primary and the SG reading - The glass carboy is waiting with the sir loc handy nearby.. Cheers DAW

Comment

By the looks of the primary and the SG reading - The glass carboy is waiting with the
      air lock handy nearby.. Cheers DAW

(missed typos in prior message)...

Comment

shes been glassed. dried out nicely. a rack in a few days i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo View Post
          shes been glassed. dried out nicely. a rack in a few days i hope.

Typos like me glassed - gassed oh well that is the way it goes. Great that everything is going well. Has it cleared nicely after the degass process? DAW

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
            Typos like me glassed - gassed oh well that is the way it goes. Great that everything is going well. Has it cleared nicely after the degass process? DAW
            I can't tell without my glasses. It's such a dark wine.

These kits have little gas it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo View Post
              I can't tell without my glasses. It's such a dark wine.

These kits have little gas it seems.
              I agree they take a vigorous stir. Seems to help though in the end. I use a flash light to try and shine through to see if it has cleared and how much sediment in the bottom of the carboy. DAW

Comment

vigor stir didn't bring up much bubbling, but i kept going for good measure

stabilized, racked of gross lees

gotta stash the welches for later

Comment

I usually find the opposite the stirring brings up a lot of bubbles and at times a thick foam when I do it for to long a period. I guess that the trick is steady but sure but not to much to have a oxidation concern? DAW

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
                    I usually find the opposite the stirring brings up a lot of bubbles and at times a thick foam when I do it for to long a period. I guess that the trick is steady but sure but not to much to have a oxidation concern? DAW
                    Nothing out of the ordinary. I try to minimize the amount of time it is exposed to oxygen, but it's immediately locked afterwards.

Comment

Good stuff jojo

Comment

Working...
                      X