No announcement yet.

jojo's cellar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to get that familiar smell. Peachy acidy alcoholic......

So I cleaned up to my arms, sanitized in K-Meta, and smashed the fruit through the nylon mesh bag until I felt tired and couldn't do it anymore.

It would have been a great time for a cigarette - if I still smoked.

Low foamer. The fruit should be annhilated by the weekend.

Comment

Looking good! It looks to be at that stage that I usually taste way more than I should. Seriously, I love the way peach wine tastes when it still has low alcohol in the fermentation pail.
      REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

It could very well end up a 3 gallon batch!

Comment

Exactly!

I posted the latest on my 05 peach in the recipes section. I am excited about it and am thinking of entering it into competitions.
          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

to glass SG 1.010

Comment

Looks awesome!
              REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

good annhilation. not much of anything left but some pulp. smell has that twang in it. should dry out. left her in the basement at 70F.

Comment

0.990 dried out, racked off solids, gave it a wedgy, combined with half gallon, pungent twang yeasty, some clarification

Comment

Gave it a wedgy? Does that mean you stabilized it?
                    REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

no. i put a wooden wedge under one side of the carboy and let the lees settle. some dude on winepress suggested it. it really works well. you stick the racking tube end on the bottom of the carboy at the end with no lees. i didn't stabilize yet.

this stuff wreaks. wow.

Comment

OIC. I normally stabilize when the wine gets dry, at first racking.
                        REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Done. Still has twang. Phew!

Comment

Sounds like it might need sweetened a tad. Don't forget the sorbate if you didn't use it today.
                            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

i am not going to use any finings. just patience this time.

*puts sparkelloid away*

shes sorbated. behind the twang i can smell the fruit.

Comment

Peach is famous for that odor. Some of it might be H2S. Splash rack in about a month at the next racking off lees. How dry did it get? SG?
                                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Working...
                                X