Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labels

Busy night... just finished bottling and labeling 10 gallons of California Zinfandel from last year's batch. Now it's time to drink up the wee bit of leftover carboy dregs (in the glass).

zinfandel_2.jpg zinfandel_label.jpg

(Hmm... come to think of it, there's not much in that glass. I may just have to pop open of those nice new bottles! heh-heh)

This weekend I hope to get to my cabernet. I have 13 gallons ready to go.

Steve
    Last edited by NorthernWiner; 27-07-2007, 02:28 AM.
    Steve

Good luck with that Zinfandel l! Are you going to bottle your CC Cabernet Sauvignon? Mine is still bulk ageing until around the beginning of December? Cheers DAW

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
      Busy night... just finished bottling and labeling 10 gallons of California Zinfandel from last year's batch. Now it's time to drink up the wee bit of leftover carboy dregs (in the glass).

[ATTACH]347[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]346[/ATTACH]

(Hmm... come to think of it, there's not much in that glass. I may just have to pop open of those nice new bottles! heh-heh)

This weekend I hope to get to my cabernet. I have 13 gallons ready to go.

Steve
      Just checked out your Zinfandel label "nice" missing the usual dog?

Comment

and the bottles all lined up in a row! Great color Steve-- Enjoy! Cheers DAW

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
          Good luck with that Zinfandel l! Are you going to bottle your CC Cabernet Sauvignon? Mine is still bulk ageing until around the beginning of December? Cheers DAW
          Thanks DAW,

Same here... I'm thinking December for bottling the CC Red Mountain Cab (and the Two Latitudes Merlot as well).

The Cabernet I'm bottling this weekend, though, is from last year's Lodi grapes.

No dogs on these labels. I keep most of them pretty generic and actually use somewhat the same label for most wines. But sometimes I like to do a fun label. Here is one of the dog labels...

rose_label.jpg

I bottled the Rose earlier this year.

Cheers!
          Steve
          Steve

Comment

I believe those are the basenji dogs - I think -- nice label there. Yes I was wondering maybe I had missed a few months for the Red Mountain CC CS - but certainly best to cherish that one till just before the Christmas season and hope it has a chance to age in the bottle and does not all disappear over the Christmas break.

Comment

WOW

Looking good there Steve
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Sure has been a busy night, I've usually had enough after bottling 5 gal. I must say they look fantastic, very profesional.
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Those labels look very professionally done!! A lot better than my hand written (by the wife..) labels. Maybe I need to start going a bit more 'upmarket'

Do you print them on your computer or have you a special way of doing them?

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Richydd View Post
                    Those labels look very professionally done!! A lot better than my hand written (by the wife..) labels. Maybe I need to start going a bit more 'upmarket'

Do you print them on your computer or have you a special way of doing them?

Rich
                    Rich,

They are printed on the computer. I use a product called Paint Shop Pro to make the label images and then paste them into an MS Word template so they come out to the right size.

The paper is a label stock paper where each sheet is just one large label. Comes in both glossy or matte format. I like the large sheets because you can make labels any size you want. The down side is that you have to cut them apart with a paper cutter.

I have a handful of label templates that are reused for the different batches. All that's involved anymore is just changing the text, and printing. Doesn't take any more time than hand labeling once they are set up.

Steve
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                      Sure has been a busy night, I've usually had enough after bottling 5 gal. I must say they look fantastic, very profesional.
                      Karl, thanks! I have a well-trained staff. My kid fills the bottles, the missus corks and wipes, and I do the shrinks, labels, and... um... periodic quality checking.

And don't forget these are US gallons, so they're smaller.
                      Steve

Comment

Excellent, family production line, you have the most important job of quality control of course.
                        Discount Home Brew Supplies
                        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                        National Wine Judge
                        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

New Label

Degassed, in the bottle, and now I have to be creative and make the label.

What do you think? Too artsy?
                          Attached Files
                          Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
                          Twitter: VirtualWineO
                          Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Nice!

might use up a bit of ink from the printer though
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

laser printer. Not a problem.
                              Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
                              Twitter: VirtualWineO
                              Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Working...
                              X