Bud Burst!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crusher View Post
    All the fruits in my garden are back to life like your's Bob (the Timperley Early rhubarb is over a foot high allready!) Will be freezing some soon as in the juice extraction tutorial.
    The exception is the vine
    I think there is time though, it was alive when I pruned it about a month ago, keep the fingers crossed.
    The hard winter has killed quite a few plants though, even a couple of well established Rosemary bushes havn't survived!
    Hiya,

You can rest assured on your vines. It has to get down to -19 'C before any damage starts to happen to your vines, even harder to damage the rootstock, so the vines should be fine.

Dale

Comment

Buds now showing on the garden vine (Black Hamburg) so it has survived the winter but is about a month later than last year. The field planted Rondos which came from Bob's are just about in leaf, so well in front and looking good.

Comment

Bud burst here in Northern Germany! Woohoo!
        Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
        Twitter: VirtualWineO
        Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

and in sunny scotland
          http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
          http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
            Buds now showing on the garden vine (Black Hamburg) so it has survived the winter but is about a month later than last year. The field planted Rondos which came from Bob's are just about in leaf, so well in front and looking good.
            YAY!

and there will be another 134 heading your way at the end of the week when I get home

13 siegerrebe
            50 regent
            47 Solaris
            24 Rondo
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by clayhill View Post
              Hiya,

You can rest assured on your vines. It has to get down to -19 'C before any damage starts to happen to your vines, even harder to damage the rootstock, so the vines should be fine.

Dale
              Well last nights frost did a good job on my newly shooting 2nd year Regent's and also the weaker vines that I cut back to 3 buds! I can't see where they're going to grow from this year.

Frozen to a black crispy like thing.

Comment

Well

the frost got to my potatoes and beans, but luckily not my vines!
                Attached Files
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

We had frost last Saturday. Even though I covered the vines, it wiped out all of the young shoots on my Marquettes, and all but 2 of my Frontenacs.

There are still plenty of viable buds, though, so I'm hoping to at least get a small crop this year.
                  Steve

Comment

Bummer

I feel your pain!

What happened to Global Warming??????

Frost in Mid May?
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Been wondering about this... won't see mine until tomorrow morning/aft, hope they're ok :-s
                      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Up the 'yard tomorrow to plant 250 more

Pinot Noir, Meunier and Chardonnay.

I reckon we've had frost damage to 600+ vines over the last 2 weeks.

Bugger it.

k

Comment

Working...
                        X