No announcement yet.

Lychee Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I stock 500ml bottles and 3 liter bags. I was more wondering on the ingredients the lychee's are packed in and I take that is a simple syrup.
    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

I have a batch on the go

2x (500g) tins lychees in syrup
      1 Litre WGC
      2 tsp pectolase
      1/8th tsp tannin
      1/2 tsp Tronozymol
      3tsp Tartric acid. to take acid to 7 g/l expressed as tartaric
      Lalvin D47 Yeast

Added water to take gravity to 1.080 (which made it up to a 6 litre batch)

bubbling away merrily
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        I have a batch on the go

1 Litre WGC
        2 tsp pectolase
        1/8th tsp tannin
        1/2 tsp Tronozymol
        Lalvin D47 Yeast

bubbling away merrily
        Any chance of an easy table Bob, of the different acid g/l type things, and what wines should have what content? (I'm being dumb, and am only using my Ritchies test kit.)

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          I have a batch on the go

1 Litre WGC
          2 tsp pectolase
          1/8th tsp tannin
          1/2 tsp Tronozymol
          Lalvin D47 Yeast

bubbling away merrily

Mine is in the bottle, I will use D47 for the next batch to see if there is much difference.
          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            Any chance of an easy table Bob, of the different acid g/l type things, and what wines should have what content? (I'm being dumb, and am only using my Ritchies test kit.)

certainly

on page 2 there is a table
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Acid content of wines here

From the website of the National Guild of Wine and Beer Judges To aid anyone entering competitions for the first time (or if your memory is bad like mine) here are the definitions for the various categories in competitions APERITIF This is a wine drunk before a meal and intended to stimulate the appetite. These wines
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I took a bottle to the Circle meeting on Monday to get some feedback. When I opened the bottle there was a bit of a funny smell to the wine, Bob identified it as the result of insufficiant nutriant (can't remember the name of the gas). The taste was ok though. I opened another bottle last night, same eggy sort of smell. I gave it a stir with a bit of copper pipe and that sorted it. A few people tried it and thought it was fab stuff, well done Rich, I will get some Tronzymol and get a 2 gal batch on.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                  I took a bottle to the Circle meeting on Monday to get some feedback. When I opened the bottle there was a bit of a funny smell to the wine, Bob identified it as the result of insufficiant nutriant (can't remember the name of the gas). The taste was ok though. I opened another bottle last night, same eggy sort of smell. I gave it a stir with a bit of copper pipe and that sorted it. A few people tried it and thought it was fab stuff, well done Rich, I will get some Tronzymol and get a 2 gal batch on.
                  It's called H2s, hydrogen sulphide which can be caused by a lack of nutrient, the copper tube was the right thing to do.
                  Discount Home Brew Supplies
                  Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                  Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Another month on and I entered a bottle in the circle comp. I gave the wine a good beating with a lump of copper, this sorted the H2s problem out. It came first out of 26 wines entered, well done Rich, top recipe!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                      It came first out of 26 wines entered, well done Rich, top recipe!
                      Congrats.

My lychee wine is about ready to be racked and degassed this evening.

How long did this need aging for?

Comment

Not long at all, try a bottle after a month, mine has had about 5 weeks in the bottle.

Comment

Bottled this last night. Wow! There was a glass left over so I felt I had to drink it and it was very nice

Unfortunatly I wont be drinking these bottles as they are earmarked for a present Will be going down to the supermarket this afternoon and picking up a few more tins of lychees

Comment

Bottled a batch of this yesterday, I aged it on some oak cubes (From Nashwood Winery on fleabay) for 1 month, and it tastes lovely. Well the glass I had left over in the demijon did anyway! Not too much oak, and a hint of vanilla.

Even managed to acquire enough Alsace type tall narrow bottles to bottle it in.

Comment

Hi all, i am going to start a gallon of this tonight
                              I have evrythin except the tartric acid.. is there anythin else i can use instead?
                              Thanks
                              Alan

Comment

citric acid?

Comment

Working...
                                X