Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your in tonight bob, i can call and get mine, is there still some spares, now im into corrdials i may be able to use some more.
    sigpic

Comment

Picked mine up, big thanks to JtFB, Rich and Bob.
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Bob,

I'm passing very close to Knottingley on the evening of 4th July, and in the opposite direction on 5th July evening. If there are any still available I'd be very grateful.

I'm assuming that's the Knottingley close to the A1.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Yes it is and there should be 6 left

thats 1 week today right? I havent posted the yeast yet...you want to pick it up at the same time?

regards
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Sounds good. I'll PM you.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              havent tried yet.....

but i "think" they have a slightly smaller opening....

so you need to work hard to get the normal bung in...or buy cork bungs

regards
              Bob
              I've always managed to get a standard DJ cork in them without any problem - and as they were originally made to take a screw cap, I'm guessing that they should all be the same size - though whether all the various HBS we use sell corks to exactly the same tolerances I don't know.

The ones from my local bloke have always fitted.

Oh and as we delivered the 60 to Rich, that means that I've only got about another 360 left.

At 25p a go, they're a bargain - so if any of you happen to be in spitting distance of the Sussex Coast (West), then there's a good deal available i.e. 50p for a gallons worth of glass storage makes them cheaper than nearly all of the ones you see on ebay that go for about £1 a gallon.

regards

JtFB

p.s. I'll PM my address when they've been collected from Bob to all takers and you can stick a cheque in the post ???? or something like that (it'll go a small way to the £45 in fuel - each way - getting to and from Lancaster ).

Oh and last nights Wigan Vs Harlequins was excellent. A 38 - 20 win, despite the ref and one of the linesmans obvious visual imparment
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Probably easier for me to pay you and collect from others John.....

I can send a cheque, or pay via paypal, or trade yeast? (currently have lalvin 71B-1122 D47 and RC-212)

up to you matey, sorry we couldn't meet this time, but next time hopefully

regards
                Bob
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  Probably easier for me to pay you and collect from others John.....

I can send a cheque, or pay via paypal, or trade yeast? (currently have lalvin 71B-1122 D47 and RC-212)

up to you matey, sorry we couldn't meet this time, but next time hopefully

regards
                  Bob
                  Ok Bob, that'd be excellent. PM on it's way

regards

JtFB
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

DOH!

I accidentally deleted the PM...could you resend please
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Got any left?

Have you go any of the half gallon dj's left? I could do with some for my experimental wines when I don't have enough fruit etc. for a gallon.

Many thanks,

Greg

Comment

Greg, welcome to winesathome, don't panic JTFB purchased over 400 of these, quite sure he won't have run out
                        Discount Home Brew Supplies
                        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                        National Wine Judge
                        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                          Greg, welcome to winesathome, don't panic JTFB purchased over 400 of these, quite sure he won't have run out
                          And if he has he'll probably root out some more
                          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

400???
                            did someone drink a lot of cider or something!!

Comment

No - he's just a sweet impulsive thing
                              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Hi guys I am doing a few half gallon batches and planning a few more... Does anyone know where I can still get some of these...? They are so handy and compact for experiments I don't know why they are so difficult to get hold of...?

If not does anyone know of any alternatives?! I have done some half batches in 2l PET bottles!

Comment

Working...
                                X