X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatbloke (John) has about 3,000 of them

send him a PM

I'm sure if you were happy to meet him on the A1 at around 5am a deal could be struck
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
      Hi guys I am doing a few half gallon batches and planning a few more... Does anyone know where I can still get some of these...? They are so handy and compact for experiments I don't know why they are so difficult to get hold of...?

If not does anyone know of any alternatives?! I have done some half batches in 2l PET bottles!
      They're rocking horse turds, because no-one makes them any more! It just happens that I got a load from a commercial cider maker who doesn't use them now so was getting rid of the stock (and there's no truth that I was actually bidding on 24 X 1 gallon DJ's and didn't read the description properly so bought them by default ).

I've recently been running up to Selby and/or Yeadon (Leeds Bradford airport), so if you want to PM me a mobile number, then it's possible that I could meet up with some - the only downside being that it might be quite short notice (and I won't know what I'm doing next week as I'm on annual leave ATM) and someone would have to meet me, rather than the other way round as you can't usually get artics in/out of residential streets...

S'up to you

regards

jtfb

p.s. and yes, still got a good few hundred left - and if I can work the time to get to grapefest, I'll probably try to fill the car (small car, so not many...)
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Hi John

I would be happy to meet and take delivery of them, then peeps could pick them up from here

Who wants how many?
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Well Lockwood that would probably work best for me. Would it be too cheeky to ask for a dozen?! How much do you want for them JTFB?

Comment

I'd like 10 if this could be arranged
            With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

I could do with a couple more. Remember John, next time you are going to Kington/Knighton I am on the way
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I would love a half dozen or so...
                But unless you are in the Glasgow area ....
                But if it would be ok with Bob
                I am out and about travelling the country at the end of Aug, well hopefully, so I may be able to pick some up from him, then , if thats ok
                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Thanks Fatbloke!

I just wanted to say a public thank you to John for sorting these out for me. They look brilliant all cleaned up - even the wife agrees!

Delmonteman.

Comment

i would take 6 if can collect at grapefest

ian
                    http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                    http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

How many of these do you have left John?

do you want to try and get some to Grapefest so peeps can buy them?

I'm sure we could organise a midnight meet in a layby somewhere
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Anywhere ooooop north they can be collected from?

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                          How many of these do you have left John?

do you want to try and get some to Grapefest so peeps can buy them?

I'm sure we could organise a midnight meet in a layby somewhere
                          Yes, about 300 or so, but therein lies the rub......

The French lot have stopped shipping the paper at the moment (not enough orders etc), and I don't have my own tractor now, so I don't get up north much now.

I wasn't planning to come up because I don't have access to reliable enough transport for the distance (and I can't afford the £600 in diesel that the boss would want for me to borrow a truck).

But, it's got me thinking. If I can lay my hands on some transport that I can load up with the half gallon DJ's I'll bring them up.

I don't have any idea whether I can get the time off or not, etc etc, so it's just a "definite maybe" from my POV - plus as far as I'm aware, there's no-one else this far south that is attending who could bring them up instead.

If I can sort the time off, transport etc etc, it'd be for the weekend as there's little point just driving up to Yorkshire just to flog a few 1/2 gallon DJ's.......

Sorry if that sounds rather indecisive, but it's about as definite as I can be ATM.

regards

jtfb
                          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

If you are coming we can make a weekend of it, i will invite the Ponte massive around and we can partaaaaay
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

if you can make it at grapefest time then even better.

anyone travelling from darn sarf want to care share?
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I have a supply of the 1/2 gallon DJ's now, John left them here this morning, so if you want some, you can pick them up from here and send him the money, or pay me and I will send him the money. They need a wash, but are excellent for experimental batches, I use them for making comp wines, the type i dont frink, it means i only have to make three bottles of it.

regards
                                Bob
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X