WAH Official Wine Trader Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAH Official Wine Trader Thread

The idea was that WAH would do a wine swap system. Everyone's name would be put in a hat and paired up with each other.

Rules:
    • Must be a bottle of alchoholic beverage
    • Doesn't need to be wine but must be along the same lines e.g. mead, Cyser etc
    • You must have made the beverage or had a major hand in it
    • You must be willing to pay the P&P to send your wine
    These are the base rules but after all its for fun so if you have a problem just let me know.

I dont have a time frame yet, i will find out how many people are interested first.

So please post below your interest

And remember this is for fun and laughs so even if you think you can't make win as well as everyone else, its all about the enjoyment factor.

P.S. i can't be held accountable for any upset tummies lol, although i am sure it will be fine

Update:
    Ok here is my idea we have 2 lists, one list is for people who are willing to send to Britain and one list is International
    This is so people from across the pond in Canada and America, and those from mainland Europe can sample real drink

British Swappers:
    Duffbeer
    Rich
    LockWood
    Her Lushness
    Richard S
    Darren
    BennyBoys Entourage
    BennyBoy
    Lytom
    benarnold
    biggles

International Swappers:
    NorthernWiner
    Lockwood
    Duffbeer
    Richard S

Please let me know which group you wish to be in (both if you want) and then i can make two name pools
    Last edited by BennyBoy; 29-08-2008, 07:48 PM.
    Winer Swapper Extraordinaire
    Wanna swap your wine for something exciting? follow the link:

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=2568

Sounds like it could be fun, I know many of the guy's on jims beer forum do the same.
    Count me in I think, what's the odds on you finding out what the cost would be to send a reasonably packaged bottle through the post Benny ?

Steve, aren't there laws in the US preventing alchohol being posted there ?
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoy View Post
      And remember this is for fun and laughs so even if you think you can't make win as well as everyone else, its all about the enjoyment factor.
      Well, I doubt my efforts will be as good as the others here, but I'm more than willing to swap a bottle for something better

(I would of course share what I think is my best batch at the time of the swap)

Comment

I'm up for that I'd thought.

Maybe if you bottle your wine in a cheaper wine bottle, one of the thinner ones it'll make it a fair bit cheaper to post!

Standard parcels are £4.20 for upto 2Kg, then £6.85 for 4Kg.

I just weighed a full bottle and it was 1.340Kg in a posh bottle.

Comment

I'm in

me me me

well done bennyboy for taking up the organisation....im too busy at work at the moment, and grapefest looms large
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Count me in!
            HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Nice one Benny, I'm in.
              National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Yeah no problem, keep em coming

Comment

Im in Benny sounds like a great idea

Comment

I'd love to do a trade, but I think I will bow out because I don't want to make it difficult or expensive for anyone. Our laws here are complicated and vary from state to state. Where I live it isn't illegal to have wine sent to you but it's illegal to send wine through the US postal service. Most of us get around it by using consumer carriers such as FedEx. They allow it, provided it can be signed for by an adult on the receiving end. But FedEx is expensive.

Aye caramba! It makes my head hurt just to think about it.

But if anyone is traveling to the states in the foreseeable future, let me know, and I will make arrangements to have a few bottles sent to your hotel, which you can take them home in your luggage on the return flight.
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                      But if anyone is traveling to the states in the foreseeable future, let me know, and I will make arrangements to have a few bottles sent to your hotel, which you can take them home in your luggage on the return flight.
                      WOW! What a kind thought! We'll be out there next year at Easter for approx 3 weeks. We're hoping to fly to New York for a few days to acclimatise, then get married in Vegas, and then plan to visit various friends in LA and go to San Francisco for a week too, so would your offer count for EVERY hotel we stay in, or just one?
                      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                        But FedEx is expensive.
                        I sent two bottles to stevec last year ...it cost £21 postage

one bottle is under the 2kg limit, two is over....unless you maybe used plastic pet bottles ?
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

What about those urine sample bottles from the quacks.
                          Discount Home Brew Supplies
                          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                            ...then get married in Vegas...
                            A vegas wedding absolutely must involve Elvis

(Congratulations btw, hope you have a great time)

Comment

First post is updated, please reply with your group thanks

Northern Winer if you still want to bow out lemme know and i will just remove your group buddy. I just thought it would be worth a try

Comment

Working...
                              X