No announcement yet.

WAH Official Wine Trader Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great idea and I hope it works out well for all involved.

I am slowly building a local 'swap base' with neighbours and friends, it is working out quite well for me. Last Saturday I swapped a bottle of blackberry wine for 4lb of runner beans, 3 large beetroot (now pickled) and some carrots, all dug-up that morning.
    Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
      What about those urine sample bottles from the quacks.
      I think a bottle is better, half bottle is acceptable
      Winer Swapper Extraordinaire
      Wanna swap your wine for something exciting? follow the link:

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=2568

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        I sent two bottles to stevec last year ...it cost £21 postage

one bottle is under the 2kg limit, two is over....unless you maybe used plastic pet bottles ?
        Well, £21 is less than I would've imagined. I could send 1 750ml bottle along with a dessert wine in a 375 or 500ml. That might keep it under the limit.

Karl, I would be very leery of anything you or Bob sent me in one of those.

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
        WOW! What a kind thought! We'll be out there next year at Easter for approx 3 weeks. We're hoping to fly to New York for a few days to acclimatise, then get married in Vegas, and then plan to visit various friends in LA and go to San Francisco for a week too, so would your offer count for EVERY hotel we stay in, or just one?
        Congrats, dear! The catch, of course, is that you would be required to bring an equal amount in exchange. But that might work out.

You'll love Las Vegas. I used to live there.

Steve
        Steve

Comment

You are taking the ****.
          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Duffbeer

You are taking the ****.
            My way of saying it nicely
            Originally posted by BennyBoy View Post
            I think a bottle is better, half bottle is acceptable
            What i actually meant was PLEASE NO!!!!!

Comment

Spoil sports !!
              Discount Home Brew Supplies
              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

How would people feel about doing the first swap in November/December time?

Comment

I'd be up for it.....new wines to try for christmas
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I got married in vegas a little white chapel in 2004 awesome November/ December sounds great i hope Bob gets drawn with Karl that would be fun

Comment

I may be interested, Bit worried as to how to package the wine bottle ?
                      Getting better with age just like wine

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                        Congrats, dear! The catch, of course, is that you would be required to bring an equal amount in exchange. But that might work out.

You'll love Las Vegas. I used to live there.

Steve
                        No problem, altho I can't guarantee that we won't drink them before we collect yours...
                        I usually bring all sorts of odd things for English/American friends who live out in USA, Cadburys Cream eggs, Xmas puddings, Colemans mustard, and Marks and Spencer undies to name but a few! and as I do a lot of clothes shopping while I'm out there, we usually bring quite empty cases and go back with them full...

And yes, I too love Vegas, we go to the Rockabilly festival and car show there most years that's held at Easter at the Gold Coast. I imagine you'd be aware of it if you lived in Vegas for any time!

I want the drive thro Elvis wedding, but the OH is proving harder to convince, but I daresay I'll win in the end - after all, who does all the brewing in this house?
                        Last edited by Her Lushness; 22-08-2008, 07:56 AM. Reason: typos
                        HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by lyntom54 View Post
                          I may be interested, Bit worried as to how to package the wine bottle ?
                          Perhaps if we used PET bottles, it'd be a lot easier to package them without the risk of breakages. Altho as I like to do fancy labels for my wines - especially ones going to friends, it's harder to make a PET bottle look sexy... ho hum, dilemma...
                          HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Ok people please start getting your bottles ready with Early December in mind.
                            I will do soem research into plastic bottles and see what is cheap and easy to get if anyone wants them.

Comment

You are a star Bennyboy
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                                And yes, I too love Vegas, we go to the Rockabilly festival and car show there most years that's held at Easter at the Gold Coast. I imagine you'd be aware of it if you lived in Vegas for any time!
                                Indeed! I lived there for several years back in the 90's, and was married there myself (at the Rio). The Gold Coast was always a favorite haunt because it's more of a "locals" place.

Let me know when you'll be stateside and as the time grows nearer, let's see if we can arrange for a swap.

Steve
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X