No announcement yet.

GrapeFest 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just tried Ciliegiolo rose as was racking it tastes nice.
    http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
    http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by danpug View Post
      Anybody else tried their Ciliegiolo yet?
      I started mine just before Christmas - very pleased. I didn't add anything other than yeast and pot-met. Really really pleased. I think the GP lalvin 1111 [whatever it is] made a difference.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• both my rose's are very dark. not complaining but next year will try taking some off next day. they are both nice but think merlot needs longer

Comment

• Originally posted by danpug View Post
          Anybody else tried their Ciliegiolo yet?
          Tried some of mine last night. Racked the main carboy, and topped up. Drank the remains It's quite light, but very fruity. Not sure if it'll get much better being aged long term, or if I'll make the most of it this year.

The Merlot definitely needs longer, but shows good promise!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
            The Merlot definitely needs longer, but shows good promise!
            Spot on. Cillie is ready for drinking IMO.
            I did the most basic Merlot, chucked in barrel stalks and all, added feet, 8-10 days on skins - blimey that is big. ...its is gonna be real good, but not for a while yet.
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• I was starting to think the same thing with the Cilie - maybe fine, filter and bottle a couple of gallons now, and leave the rest for a while.
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Just bottling one gallon of my Ciliegiolo it does taste very fruity i didn't oak it at all after reading the posts on here. I like it because its not too heavy a very nice and light drink ( Thanks for the grapes Bob )

Comment

• I racked the merlot a few weeks ago and added oak, but after tasting the Cilie I decided to leave it for another few months and perhaps bottle it come September (for Grapefest) and then leave the rest for longer to mature a bit more.

I must say that I am very impressed with my first trip into "proper" wine making territory and can't wait for Grapefest to roll round again...

I'm off to USA now so will be out of contact for a while. XXX
                  HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• have ony tried a wee bit of the melot trying to keep. cigli is mostly gone have a few left. all the best in america and congrats and all that

Comment

• An old thread I know, the Merlot & Ciliegiolo have both been racked 3 times now, and have been bulk ageing in the garage for the last 8 months or so.

Was going to filter and bottle tomorrow - how long before these are drinkable please.

Comment

• The Ciliegiolo is drinkable now.......the Merlot will be perfect in 2012, but is almost drinkable now (if a little raw)
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• mine is all but drunk-able I have been fiddling with a 25% merlot 75 Cilliy blend. Try it you might like it!

Comment

• Had a bit of a taste today.

Ciliegiolo - very light in colour, but smells and tastes heavier and more mature than it looks. as per Bob and Cellar Rat, I reckon this is ready to drink now, maybe cool with a salad.

Merlot - smells great - wood and dark fruit. Still tastes grape-y, but is definitely going the right way. Mine will now be ignored for another year
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Merlot update:

I hade to remove a little from a DJ to make room for some oak. REALLY surprised by the way it has progressed. The 'grapey' quality has faded almost completely and it tastes great - really smooth.

It's going to be difficult not to drink this now.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                                Merlot update:

I hade to remove a little from a DJ to make room for some oak. REALLY surprised by the way it has progressed. The 'grapey' quality has faded almost completely and it tastes great - really smooth.

It's going to be difficult not to drink this now.
                                Send it to me. Then you won't have to worry about drinking it early. Of course you won't get to drink it late either...
                                Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                                Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X