Oh ya want pics huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unopened, unstirred

Since I took out the pulp bag before pitching the yeast, I have had the lid on bucket and airlocked the entire time. Will open and stir on tue night, and rack to glass on wed morn. More photos then.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

must be nice having those warmer temps

we've got low 60s here at best until about April or so.

Comment

uh...ok......

Hey jojo! The 68*F is in the house where the fermentation is taking place. Where are you? I forgot.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie
          Hey jojo! The 68*F is in the house where the fermentation is taking place. Where are you? I forgot.

Northwest in Yankeeland CO ! The temps right now are just too low for fermenting. I've been thinking of one of those brew belt things around the bucket. Haven't found one yet though.

Comment

Oic

Oh OK. I reckon it is quite a bit warmer here, but don't you have heat in your house? My furnace thermostat stays on 68*F when it is cold here. If your house is colder than that, maybe you need to add insulation or upgrade your heating method. Maybe I am just confused on the reason why you cannot accomplish fermentation this time of year.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

rack...

Racked to 3 gallon glass carboy and 1 gallon glass jug on 12-21-05, 8 am. SG .997 @ 68*F. I rinsed the oak and readded it to the 3 gallon. It tastes good, although tart and with plenty of tannin. More alcohol than I wanted. I can top up with the gallon jug, then rack it into a 1.5 liter bottle.

Attached Files
              REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

oh yea...

Forgot to say, I only stirred once after pitching yeast, the night before racking the next morning.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

clearing or slowly fermenting...

Looks like it is starting to clear from the top a tad, but I have also been seeing a bubble every great now and then in the airlock. Might be outgassing a tad also.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

wine diamonds or tartaric crystals @ 64*F

Who says the wine has to be real cold to drop tartaric acid? I hope you can see these 'wine diamonds' from my '04 Scuppernong right before I polish filtered this morning. There is actually alot more of it than this pic portrays.

Attached Files
                    REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

'04 Scuppernong polish filtered...

1-18-06

Tastes pretty darn good!
                      Attached Files
                      REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Now thats good looking wine
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks Bob! It even tastes better than the '03!

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

04 Muscadine batch 2

This is coming right on along nicely now. I sweetened it again this morning while racking off tartaric crystals. Just needed the acid balanced some. This was fermented with raw sugar from Maui and sweetened with the same. It is much better than batch 1 of the same year. I think there is some oxidation, but it hasn't hurt the taste. It had previously been co**** filtered.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Hippie; 28-09-2006, 05:22 AM.
                            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

awesome

Comment

04 Muscadine batch 2 filtered #2 9-27-06

This is OK wine, lots better than the 04 muscadine batch 1, at least. This is the one made with raw sugar from Maui and then sweetened up to offdry-semisweet with the same sugar. There is a difference in the taste vs refined sugar, but it would be difficult to describe. This wine had alot of fine lees on the sides of the carboy and some in the bottom, even after the co**** filtering nearly a year ago. I like the way it looks now. It don't have the normal strong muscadine taste, I think it will age out well.

Attached Files
                                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Working...
                                X